Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2018

ARC Review : Little Infinities (Love By Chance #1) by Kiska Gray





Title : Little Infinities
Author : Kiska Gray
Series : Love by Chance #1
Genre(s) : Contemporary gay romance
Published : February 10th 2018
My Rating : 3 out of 5





Apollo

On my darkest day, a handsome stranger saved me, but one look into his eyes and I knew he was broken, too. I promised myself that one day, I'd find him and thank him, but what do you do when your savior turns out to be rock god Sebastian St. Crow? 

I'm about to find out...


Sebastian

On my darkest day, I found someone who needed help maybe even more than I did. Someone whose pain echoed mine, and in that moment, I'd wanted to save him. I gave him a second chance--but forgetting the beautiful young man with those haunted eyes was next to impossible. 

I can have anyone I want, but I want him...and I think he wants me, too.





He’d seen something in me, something I didn’t even know existed, and he’d given me a second chance. No— he’d given me a fresh start, a brand new beginning.


When I first read the blurb, I have this strong impression that the story will be a bit 'dark' and angsty. And that actually the reason why I'm interested with the story. But then I found out that the story turned out not as dark/angsty as I expected. 

Disappointed? 
Well, I must admit that yeah...I'm a bit disappointed. 

The first chapter succeeded make me cringed, but then the rest of the story turned to be a bit fluffy, sappy & cheesy in my opinion.

As for the characters, Apollo and Sebastian were very likeable characters. At least at the beginning. But then both MC's start annoying me at some level. 

The honey, baby, buttercup things start to feel way too much and quite not 'match' with Sebastian characters as a punk-rock stars who ride a Harley Davidson. I expected he at least appear a bit cool and 'manly' according to his look description. The diva side the author trying to add feels a bit funny and didn't fit with the character descriptions. The 'pretty please, with whipped cream and cherry on top' part really 'ruined' it all and kill the mood.

At some part, I really have to convince myself that it's a gay romance that I'm currently reading and not MF or  'straight' romance when the scenes start to feels like 'typical' MF book.
BUT I must admit that at some part this book succeed brought tears to my eyes.

So, yeah. I have mixed feeling about this book after the reading. I can't say  this book was 'that good' or 'that bad', because maybe it because there's a tiny part of me that wish I could like the story a bit more or maybe actually I DO like this book at some part but with A LOT of notes here and there.

But if you love sweet-cheesy-messy story with cherry on top and less angst, I think this one is for you, because apart from all those notes I said above, Sebastian and Apollo definitely a soulmates match-made in heaven. And their love will swoon you the whole reading IF the over sweetness things suit your taste...


🍁🍁🍁


ARC is kindly provided by the Author in exchange of a fair, unbiased and honest review.




No comments:

Post a Comment