Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Lead Me Not by Ann Gallagher



"I found Answers I didn't know I was looking for. 
I found forgiveness where I didn't know I need it. 
And found love I didn't know existed."

Title : Lead Me Not
Author : Ann Gallagher
Genre : M/M Romance, Gay For You
Rate : Definitely 5 Stars
First post on Goodreads.
Read in July, 2015 

Because if God had put a man on this earth who Colton could someday fall in love with, that man was Isaac. ~ Colton.
Colton was Isaac’s lifeline in this world. His anchor in that chaotic, alien place... ~ Isaac.
 

You know that moment, when you have strong feelings that a book gonna be "something", and then when you actually finished it and found out that the book was not only be something but come out to be a gem ?

That's exactly what I feel about this book !

description

===Edited full review===

Lead Me Not is a Christian gay romance, and yes, it's a clean romance. But instead boring, I found that this story is so beautiful & deep.

Before I'm going further about my review, I just want you to know that "clean romance" was not usually my things when I read gay romance.
I'm used to read gay romance with good storyline and lots of hot sex in it !

For me, "a good book without sex is boring, but a lots of sex without a good storyline is nothing", so good storyline & hot sex scenes are both very important for me !

But sometimes, there's a time when I feel the sex part are not very important anymore if the book has good storyline that could consumed me enough to make me forget about the sex. And this book is definitely one of that exception !

I love Colton character so much and of course Isaac with his journey & struggles to find the truth about who he is and how he's dealing with his faith. It's very interesting to follow.

I can feel the emotions from both MC consumed my mind. I even had broken heart when their heart shattered into pieces.
Oh trust me, it feels like I'm the one there who's "heart hit the pavement" at 78% !

This book brought lots of those "butterfly on my stomach effects" countless times while I read it.
Even with all the simplest things that happened between Colton & Isaac, the light touch or their first kiss could bring that tingling sensation in me.

How come ?

I think its all due to the writing. Sometimes, the good writing can make a book "sing" in amazing way.

You can feel the humming vibes through your veins, and tingling sensation dance on your skin.

If a book could sing...
It would be like this...


And this book definitely could "sing".

There's two secondary characters who stole the spotlight (but in a good way of course) in this story and I like them very much, they're Pastor Mike and Ruth. They both took important role in Colton & Isaac life.

Well, as a Christian who lived in country which LGBT still not have their rights to be heard, I know those Bible verses that being quoted in this book very well. But I tried to open my mind and choose to see all things in different perspective.
And when I did that, all I can see is "Love is love"...

And like what Pastor Mike said...

".... attraction happens. Whether we act on it or not, whether we choose to let it happen or not . . .and you can't choose who you fall in love with..."


In the end, what I can only say about this book is...

Beautiful...

I RECOMMENDED this book to everyone and definitely will be put on my re-read shelf !

Gosh, I NEED the paperback soon !

Don't judge....just feel the love...

ARC provided by Netgalley to review.

 https://s.gr-assets.com/assets/badge/goodreads-badge-add-plus-71eae69ca0307d077df66a58ec068898.png
https://s.gr-assets.com/assets/badge/goodreads-badge-read-reviews-a8508f765fac427f58da8ebf9e89721a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment