Pages

Monday, August 7, 2017

Review : AXIOS ~ A Spartan Tale by Jaclyn Osborn





Title : Axios ~ A Spartan Tale 
Author : Jaclyn Osborn 
Release date: July 20, 2017
Genre : M/M Historical Romance
My Rating : 5++ Stars






I am Axios of Sparta, and I was born to kill. At age seven, I left home to train with other boys where we were taught obedience, solidarity, military strategy, and how to withstand pain. My harsh upbringing stripped me of my weaknesses and forced me to become strong. Ruthless.

But, I craved something greater—a life I could never have.

Against all odds, and the toughest training a warrior could endure, I found an unexpected love in the arms of a fellow Spartan. He was the very air I breathed and the water that sustained me. Fighting side by side with him, we were invincible. Where he went, I followed.

However, there was no place for love in Sparta. Feelings were for the weak. The only life for a Spartan was one of battle and brutality with no guarantee of tomorrow. In times of war, all men were put to the test, but the greatest challenge for us was not one of swords and spears, but of the heart.

*M/M Historical Romance set in Ancient Sparta*








He was the very air I breathed and the water that sustained me. The anchor that kept me from drifting out to sea. My safe haven from the storm. 
My warrior. My lover. My heart.

*** 


Dear Author,

Thank you for bringing Axios and Eryx story to us (readers). 

Following Axios and Eryx journey is like entering the past time that full of fantasy that we never know. Through your fascinating writing, you had made us entering the world that only exist in your fantasy and turned it into a reality. It's so hard for me not to see all that happened in the story as just a fantasy. Because everything that happens in the book look very 'convincing' and real, as if that you just ripped their story right from the 'book' and showing us that they DO exist as part of history and wish to be known...

Did you know how many times I paused the reading just because I feel the urge to googled anything historical that mentioned in this book? And wondering on 'how long you took the research' and amazed on how accurate the scenes you picturing there?

Almost the whole reading!!!

And THAT makes Axios become the longest book to finish this year!

The book cover took my breath away right from the very first time I saw it! I'm SOLD instantly!

It stunningly beautiful in very masculine way. And that worth 5++ stars from this coverslut eyes. 

Thank you for all the love we (especially ME!!!) feel right from the very start that grew slowly between Axios and Eryx. Thank you for let us be right there with Axios and Eryx in their whole happiest time and the worst.

Thank you for EVERY tears that rolling on our cheeks and those Kleenex that cannot hold our breakdown and leave us in speechless...

Thank you for let us taste this beautiful-heartbreaking story. Thank you for let us feel your love to Axios and Eryx, because now...we can also LOVE them as much as you do....

Eryx with his keen mind and protectiveness, and his storytelling things. And Axios with his kind and tender heart had touched my heart so deep. These guys will be forever staying in my heart...

All the stars above to Axios and Eryx love story and wish I could see Axios story made into a movie someday!!

Maybe you're new author to me, and Axios was the first book of yours that I read...but I can assure you that it wouldn't be the last book of yours that I read. Because from now on, your books will be on my top TBR list!

And like what Axios always did each time Eryx has new story to tell, I'll turn into little Icarus and enthusiastically come to you, and waiting for you to say what Eryx always said....

“Do you wish to hear a story?” 

And I would gladly say, “Yes!”

Sincerely,
Your new stalker.



No comments:

Post a Comment