Pages

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Review : The Wild by K. Webster






Title : The Wild
Author : K. Webster
Genre : M/f romance, Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Taboo (incest)
Publication Date : August 7, 2017
My Ratings : 3 of 5 Stars 






I brought them to the wilderness because we couldn’t cope with our reality.
The plan was to make a new life that didn’t include heartache.

No people. No technology. No interference.
Just us.
A chance to piece together what was broken.

But the wilderness is untamed and harsh.
Brutal and unforgiving.
It doesn’t give a damn about your feelings.

Tragedy lives there too.
No escaping the truths that won’t let you go.

All you can do is survive where love, no matter how beastly, is the only thing you can truly count on.

Confusing. Wrong. Twisted. Beautiful. Sick.

Love is wild.
And we’re going to set it free.

Warning:

The Wild is an extremely taboo story. Most will find that the themes in this book will make you incredibly uncomfortable. This book is only for the brave, the open-minded, and the ones who crave love in even the most dismal of situations. Extreme sexual themes and violence in certain scenes, which could trigger emotional distress, are found in this story. If you are sensitive to heavy taboo themes, then this story is not for you. 






First of all, I must confess that I'm not an avid MF reader, but since this book gained huge attention and got banned by Amazon for it's full of controversy and surrounded by the drama caused by people who feels offended by the the taboo & incest issue, i must admit that it successfully drawn my curiosity and decided to dare myself by reading it.

I don't know who K. Webster is and never knew any of her books and have no intention to read any of her book, until this.

So, if 'the curiosity will kill the cat', I'll take that risk and dare myself by trying this book and faced ALL the consequences on my own risk!

Aside from some scenes that feel un-logic and a bit 'not make sense' for me, I felt kinda disappointed because with all those drama and banning things, the story was not as hardcore and dark as what people said. On the contrary, I found that the story was just so-so for me. I didn't say that it was that bad, but I can't say if it's that good either. I gave 3 stars to this book simply because I found that even there are some part that didn't sit well with my logic, I must admit that I DO enjoying the story quite well. I have no problems with the incest things because I have read books that darker than this one with slavery issue mix with incest and way way more brutal than this, so for me...what happen in this book is nothing to me. But I do aware that not everyone okay with this issue and feel offended by what happen between Pip and her Dad. But even if you disagree and feel offended by what the author put in their story, insulting the author and questioning her morality and even worse by spoiling the whole book contents was so RUDE!

Especially when you're also an author and speak ill about another author, questioning others morality while you write cheating things and 'glorified' it as if it doesn't matter really make me sick. And this, made me questioning back 'that person' morality as well. 

I also surprise myself by reading this book faster than what I usually do, mostly because I want this to end SOON so I (FINALLY) can write my review!

So, my final thoughts?

For those who has kinky-taboo-kink and have no issue with incest things, I think this book will suit your taste very well.

AND for those who not comfortable with all taboo things, better stay away from this book, because The Wild definitely NOT for you!

As for the taboo thing that happen between Pip (Devon) and her father, Reed. I can fully 'understand' the whole 'situation' and why they both grow such that feeling. And I cannot 'blame' them for what they feels. If you read until the last page, you'll know why I'm saying this. But again, it's up to you for liking it or not as long as you keep your attitude at appropriate level. 
But I think, the whole 'banning the book' things is totally ridiculous. It's a fiction ffs! So if you don't like the topic, then don't read it. That's simple!

The next things is...even I know the author had put a WARNING on the blurb, BUT unfortunately she's not warned about the incest things in advance was also wrong. And THAT what makes a lot of reader felt like being fooled. Next time, give the reader a proper warning so that can lessen the 'drama'.

Last, but not least, just keep in your mind that 'not ALL what you think is what was actually happen'. Mark my words!

Happy Reading!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment