Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Little Thing About Me!




I love reading since I know how to read and start writing diaries since I was 10.

I'm used to be a writer back then when I was in my Senior years.
I wrote articles, poems and short stories for my school magazine.
I also wrote some short stories and sent it to teenage magazine.
Some got published, but some were not.
But then things happen and forced me to 'leave' all that I love behind.

I stop reading.
I stop writing.

I started to read again about 5 years ago.
One of my best friend from my High School suddenly asked me "Why don't you start writing again?"
I told her that I've lost my ability to write, writing became something strange for me. And it frustrates me.
Then, she start sent me some books. Sometimes she bought it special for me or at another time, she just sent me books from her collections.
When I asked her why she did that, she simply said, "To bring back your passion to write you need to read a lot books as a 'trigger'".

And after almost 25 years with no writing no reading period, I started to read again.
And the first book I read was...TWILIGHT!

 

Not so long after I start to read again, another friend introduced me to Goodreads.
At first, I only need Goodreads to search books recommendations.
But then another friend I know from Facebook told me, "Why don't you try to write a review?"

Her word hit me at the right time.

Then I said to myself, "Yes. Why not? Maybe it's about a time"

And after that, I started to write reviews in my native language.
And surprisingly, I enjoy it.

When I found back my passion in writing reviews, a friend from Goodreads dare me another challenge, "Why don't you write your review in English?"

My first reaction to her suggestions at that time was, "No. I can't do that. My English not that good."

Then she said, "You read English book very well, I'm sure you can write in English too. What you have to do is...just try. You'll never know your limit until you try."

After that, almost every time she keep insisted me to try.
Until one day....
I brave myself to try.

No, my English still not good. Way behind from perfect.
But when one of my review in English being liked by another readers who did not see my lack of English as a problem.
I thought "It's okay then".
I start to write all my reviews in English. Until today.
And I enjoying it.

So, why blogging?

Actually, I have a dream to have a blog someday, but I never try and make it happen.
I think, its enough with what I did in Goodreads.
But when I saw my book friends one by one started to have their own blog, I start to questioning myself, "Should I have one too? Can I write a blog?"

And after weeks of thinking, I finally decided that it's about time to start my own blog.
So, I made this blog as "my new playground".

Nervous?
Oh hell YES!

But like what one of my book friend said before, "You'll never know until you try".

So, here...I - again - brave myself to try....
Thank you for stop by.

Warm regards,
Funzee Shu

No comments:

Post a Comment