Pages

Friday, March 30, 2018

Review : The Silver Cage by Anonymous







Author : Anonymous
Genre(s) : Contemporary, Gay Romance, LGBTQ+, Abused-trauma
Published : January 23rd 2018
My Rating : 5 out of 5 Stars
Buy Link : Amazon




A bitter, mysterious author. A young and naive journalist. A tragic past, a dark secret, and an unforgettable tale of passion and love.

WARNING: The Silver Cage is intended for mature readers; it contains graphic sensuality and strong themes including suicide, sexual identity, and self-harm.


Note : Anonymous is a pseudonymous international bestseller. The Silver Cord, a companion novel to The Silver Cage, will be released in the first half of 2018.





“I love you now.” He made it sound like an oath. I told him I loved him, too, but I don’t know if he heard me. He stared into the flames and gripped me tighter. “I love you now,” he repeated.


Cal had trapped himself in a silver cage he'd build from the burden he'd been carrying on his shoulder caused by the guilt that consuming his body and soul for years.

Then came Michael, a freelance journalist assigned by The New Yorkers to write a new profile for him.

They start their relationship as professional with Cal keep distance himself from Michael. But as the time pass, Cal start to lower his guards and slowly they start to open to each other along with the growing attraction that spark between them.

When Michael realized the silver cage Cal's had build to cage him, his heart broke for him. Seeing Cal self hurt himself had made his heart bleeds for him. The only thing Michael want is to set Cal free, soared his wings, flying high and be happy...

“What exactly do you want?”   
I wanted him to stop. I wanted him to be free. I wanted to change the way he saw himself and the world...

But will Cal listen to him and freed himself?

🍁🍁🍁

The story captivated me. The writing mesmerized me. And the story consumed me and leave me speechless....

The story was sad and dark but also beautiful at the same time. My heart broke for Cal and still bleeds for him. Even the tears still flowing as I write this review....

This book had ruined me without mercy...

I know it just a fiction, but the feels is raw and so real. The anger and the sadness I felt for what had happen and the damage that caused all the bitterness that engulfed the MC's was so real. I want to cast my anger and hit something to push out all the emotions I try to endured during the reading...
But in the end, what I can only do is just crying...

I didn't want to spoil ANYTHING about the story. It's way too precious to be ruined by any spoilers. If you want to know and curious about the story, better you find out what actually happen by yourself, but please take the warning seriously and read it with your own risk. 

This is that kind of book that will stay in your heart forever because the sadness won't leave you even after you finished the book...

“Do you want me gone? I can go away, if you want. 

“Could you go?” For the first time in days, he reached for me. “No, you can’t go away,” he said softly. “I thought about asking you. I can’t. So don’t lie to me. You can’t, either.” 


Highly Recommended with serious warning!





No comments:

Post a Comment