Pages

Friday, March 16, 2018

Review : Voodoo Knights (Black Magic Harem #1) by Amanda Rose





Title : Voodoo Knights
Series : Black Magic Harem #1
Author : Amanda Rose
Genre(s) : Fantasy, Paranormal
Published : March 12th 2018
My Rating : 3.5 out of 5 Stars




Four dark and dangerous spirits haunt me.
They’re black magic manipulators, voodoo masters—and they say they’re here to be my teachers.
But can I really trust a man who turns into a cat? A motorcycle riding jerk with a bag of souls? How about his top hat wearing friend or the weirdo that lives in the tree in my backyard?
Don’t think so.
Then again, I might have little choice but to accept their help.
Somebody murdered my grandma and now that same somebody wants me dead, too.
These four guardians borrow their powers from mine:
Kriminal LaCoste. Samuel Baron. Sebastian GranBois. Zandor Red.
If I reject them, I’ll be left alone in a world of monsters, magic, and madness.
My destiny is within reach … as long as I don’t die before I get there.




To be honest, I randomly picked this book mostly just because of the cover. But when I read the blurb, I decided that I need this book as a 'refreshment' from my usual routine MM/gay romance genre. So, the next thing I know I devouring the book in one sit...

Serefine Laveau inherited a creepy old house from her late grandmother who she never met. And now she must stay in that house alone for couple of days before his father joining her to live there together.

What he didn't expected is her meeting with four hot smexy strangers guy who said that they bound to her as her 'Voodoo Knights' and lived to serve and protect her from the supernatural being called The Invisibles that want her life.

Shocking with the surprise fact that his 17 years old life wouldn't be normal and same again, plus the non-stop terror from the scary creatures that threatening his life since she first stepped into the house, Serefine must believe and learn how to use her power as the next Voodoo's Queen, to protect herself and save her beloved people from the death.

The question is, could she be what she destined to be and took her grandmother place as the protector for the place she live now?

🌿🌿🌿

I must admit that I have no big expectations when I chose this book beside the pure curiosity mostly caused by these lines, "...a man who turns into a cat? A motorcycle riding jerk with a bag of souls? How about his top hat wearing friend or the weirdo that lives in the tree in my backyard?" - from the blurb.
But I do interested more about the 'reverse harem' thing.

So, with the thought that there'll be some sexy scenes that include four sexy guy AND a girl (grinning sheepishly), I jumped to the story...

Well, there are indeed four hot smexy guy here, who taking turn in flirting with the young virgin girl while they're trying to protect her, and I must admit that the sexual innuendos among them can be say as hot enough, but still feels like a young adults scenes to me with all the kisses. Well, this kinda 'disappointed' me a bit because in fact there's NOTHING actually happen between the girl and one of the knights until the very last page of the book before the story ended in semi-cliffy ending with the promising premise that the next book will still interesting enough to follow.

And after what Sam did at nearly end of the book, I'm very curios what will Krim, Bas and Zandor do next! *smirks*

Can't wait to see what will happen next with them on the next book!


No comments:

Post a Comment