Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Review : SWITCHED by N.R. Walker




Title : SWITCHED
Author : N.R. Walker
Genre : Gay Romance with light angst
Release Day : December 25th, 2016
Rate : 5+++ Stars





Everything in my life had fallen to shit, and he was my rock.

He was the one and only true rock in my whole life, my one and only constant, and I was ruining everything...

❇❇❇

For 26 years, Israel Ingham lived as 'the disappointments to his family'. Everything he'd done in his life never enough or satisfied his father.
For years Israel craves for love from his parents, but he never have.

And as if all of that happen in his life not enough, Israel must faced the fact that he's switched at birth.

In a blink of an eye, Israel's world turned upside down. Anger, disappointed and sadness make him numb and hard to breathe.

But there's always be Sam...

Sam was his rock, his lifeline. The one who always be at his side...
Only, Sam that can make him survive his trembling world...

But when Israel start to feels more to his best friend he start to panic. Afraid that what he felt will affect their friendship, Israel need to do something to saved it and cutting Sam out of his life was the only way to save their friendship.

But can he survive another loss?

❇❇❇

N.R. Walker no doubt will always be my fave author. I adore her story and her writing style.
I have giddy feeling each time she release a new book, but at the same time I'm kinda 'afraid' too.
Because i always have difficult time writing reviews if the book consumed me so bad. And that's what happen every time I read N.R. Walker's books.
She's never failed amazed me with her story. And each time she left me speechless and having hard times writing my reviews.
SWITCHED is no exception.

I finished the book few days ago, and re-read it two times again after that. And it's still not enough for me. I have hard times putting words into my review.
Because I still crave Iz and Sam story even more!

The story was amazingly beautiful. I was just on first few chapters when the story succeed squeezing and broke my heart.
And "Damn you Nic!" was my only reaction that time.

When I first know that the story was about switched at birth, i know that this gonna be something. I think I already fall in love with this book since i saw the cover for the first time, and love it more when/and after I reading it.

What i love about this book is seeing how Iz and Sam growing feeling from being best friends to lover. I love the pace and the slow burn. Friends-to-lovers is my thing, and I've read so many books with this theme, but none like I felt when I'm reading Switched. I can feel the bond between Iz and Sam and it was so intense. How they click to one and another, respect each other, how Sam always be at Iz side during all the bad times and be his solid rock each time Iz need it. Damn! It really beautiful and melted my heart.

N.R. Walker know very well how to play with readers heart with her writing. Even all the simple things can bring butterfly in your tummy or squeeze your heart. Like the pang feeling i felt each time Israel say "Thank you" for every simple things Sam did, damn it's hurts.

Another things i love is 'the banter'!
I lost count on how many times I giggles and smiling like an idiot when I read their silly banter. With all 'Aye aye captain' and that Spongebob things, Gosh! Now i cannot get the song outta my head! Thanks, Nic!

Switched is another a MUST read story from N.R. Walker. It's heart warming, beautifully written, a bit angsty but also funny at the same time. And I LOVE IT!

Definitely a RECOMMENDED read for all.





N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance.

She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn’t have it any other way.

She is many things: a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who live in her head, who don’t let her sleep at night unless she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things… but likes it even more when they fall in love.

She used to think having people in her head talking to her was weird, until one day she happened across other writers who told her it was normal.

She’s been writing ever since… 



No comments:

Post a Comment