Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

Review : Light Up The Dark by Suki Fleet





Title : Light Up The Dark 
Author : Suki Fleet
Genre : Gay romance, contemporary romance, dark with angst & mystery
Release Date : December 25th 2017
Rate : 4 Stars




For two years Nicky has wandered the dark empty corridors of the overgrown Thorn Hall, unseen and untouched, feeling like a ghost. His only company, the cold man who promised to keep him safe from harm, Lance.
But when Lance dies, Nicky’s assurance of safety disintegrates and his world suddenly becomes a lot more real and a lot more dangerous. Scared to leave the house, Nicky longs for daylight. He employs a gardener to clear the over-grown bushes and vines that have nearly swallowed Thorn Hall whole.
The last thing Nicky expects a little light to do is show him something to fight for.

Eighteen months in a young offenders’ institute has taught Cai two things: he occupies the playful puppy end of the How Dangerous Are You? spectrum, and he has an unfortunate knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Desperate for a job, he takes the first offer he gets. Even though Thorn Hall creeps the hell out of him and he barely knows one end of a pair of garden shears from the other.
Things start to fall apart when Cai is drawn into Nicky’s strange world of sticky notes and secrets. Cai finds he is now a target, blamed for a crime he didn’t commit. Desperate not to go back to prison, he digs deep and risks all the good things in life to help Nicky run.
But now Nicky has someone he wants to protect, he knows he can’t run any more.






“I never said I wanted nice. I want courageous. I want kind. I want you. Be a bastard when you’re angry, because as long as you’re my bastard, I don’t care.”

❇❇❇

Well?
Intrigued by the blurb, drawn by the cover and when i saw Suki Fleet's name was write on it. I'm totally SOLD!

I jump into this story without knowing what I would faced.
The next thing I know, I was drown deeply into the sea of curiosity to the very last page.

Light Up The Dark is very intriguing dark-gothic-story with angst, mystery and lots of surprising twists that will consume you and 'tickle' your curiosity.

Gosh! I never expected that the story would consumed me like this. I found it a bit confusing at the beginning, well i mean until almost 35% reading I'm still blurry about what happened. It's like you dive into a deep black water knowing nothing what would happen next, what you only know is you must dive more to satisfied your curiosity, because the story was so intense!

The growing feeling between Cai & Nicky was describe in unique way. The sticky notes, the clothes, foods exchange and all the silent-awkward moments frustrated me enough but also feels so 'beautiful'.

Suki Fleet's lyrical words trade marks never failed me. I didn't know that the dark-angsty-story could be so...'melodic'?
Only Suki Fleet can do that!

I'm devouring this book in one shot. Totally cannot put it down!

But even i said that i love this book, I'll ended my review with a question that keep playing in my mind when i finished this book and YES! - it's kinda bother me....

Where's the bodies?

Last but not least, just hope that someday there will be a movie made based on this story ...

RECOMMENDED!

No comments:

Post a Comment