Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Review : Painted On My Heart by Kindle Alexander



Title : Painted On My Heart
Author : Kindle Alexander
Genre : Contemporary Gay Romance, M/M Romance
Published : January 1st 2017
Rate : 2 Stars (Note : It's not my habit to put my 2 stars review into my blog, but this one is an exception. Why? Because I have to)




“You make me want things I shouldn’t.”
“Then we’re on even ground.”

❇❇❇

This book 'exhausted' and 'consumed' me enough...but not in a good way...
Glad that I'm not the only one who feels like this. Fyuh!

I like the first few part at the beginning, one of the main MC, Kellus, come with very heavy baggages that (at first) broke my heart into pieces.
He has my full sympathy for what had happened in his life.

John's (Kellus ex) meth addict and betrayal had leave deep wounds to Kellus life. Diagnosed with HIV postive had ruined Kellus life into pieces. Knowing that he must buried deep his happiness and must lived with fact that he will be alone for the rest of his life is like a sentence for the sin he never did. Only his art that keep him busy and motivated him to live a better life.

Then there's come Arik. A handsome, rich multi-billionaire and has everything in his life, except love and commitment.
Arik had fall in love with Kellus's art way before he meet Kellus in person. When Arik finally meet Kellus, he feels the sudden interest to the artist and become curious not only with Kellus's art but also his personal life. All he wanted was for Kellus to stop keeping him at a distance, but Kellus keep avoiding his attention and always put everything between them all to stay professional.
Well? For Arik who always get what he wants, it's means a challenge.
But will he win the artist heart?

At first, what Arik's did feels a bit annoying for me, well...since insta-love-billionaire-egomaniac things isn't my thing.
But even I'm not  into to insta-love things, I must admit that there's a part that what Arik's did melted my hopeless romantic heart.

What i didn't like from this story is Kellus.

Like I said before, he has my full sympathy until I become tired with his guilty feelings to John and make it as an excuse to hurt Arik so many times. I tried to understand Kellus mind and acts, but at the end I'm getting tired because he can never pulled himself from all the probelms caused by John and let John keep 'controling' his life. I hate John for what he did to Kellus, but i hate Kellus more for being so naive and stupid.

Thanks god he has man like Arik on his side, who accept him with all his baggages and show him that there is a second chance for love and be happy.

Kellus had been broken and needed to be shown he was special—that he deserved to be happy and have someone love him. And Arik want to be that person. The man that bring life, laugh and happiness to Kellus....

One good point that I love from this story is Arik patience and love for Kellus.

Last but not least, i also love the 'education' part on this book about that there is a chance for people with HIV positive to live a normal life, stay healthy and be happy.

Hmmm...now I'm curious about Trent and Gage story....




No comments:

Post a Comment