Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

ARC REVIEW : Leo (Beckford Brothers #1) by Candice Blake






Title : Leo
Author : Candice Blake
Series : Beckford Brothers book 1
Genre(s) : contemporary gay romance, may/December, gay for you
Release Date : April 2nd 2019
Rating : 4/5 Stars

Buy link : Amazon




LEO:

I’m cocky with a capital C and I own it. I have big dreams and nothing’s going to stop me from achieving everything I set my mind to.

I'm about to start my sophomore year and I desperately need a place to live. One morning, I stumble across a 'Room For Rent' sign on someone's front lawn. An older man with blond hair and kind green eyes opens the door. His name is Graves and I find out he's a professor at my school.

I move into the beautiful Victorian home with Graves. At first, I want nothing to do with this forty-five-year-old professor since he's my landlord. But when I find out he needs my help, that's when everything changes...

I'm straight. Full stop.

But Graves...oh man, Graves. Why does he make me feel the things that I do when I'm with him?


GRAVES:

Since my divorce five years ago, my dating life has been terrible.

When Leo moves in, I have no idea how to get to this tall and rugged business student to open up to me. But I do see how good he is with women. How does this blue-eyed nineteen-year-old student know so much more than me when it comes to dating?

Leo becomes my sort of dating coach. At first, it's about helping me find someone. But what if that person is there all along?

I've been straight my whole life. But the chemistry between me and Leo is undeniable.

I am hesitant to explore this...thing with Leo. Word spreads fast on campus, and if anyone finds out, I could lose everything…


Warning: Leo contains explicit sexual content not suitable for anyone under the age of 18.

The Beckford Brothers series focuses on four brothers who go on their own journeys to find love. Each novel in the Beckford Brothers series can be read on its own or as part of the series. 




Graves moaned softly as he kissed me, and I pulled back to look into his eyes.  
“Are you gay?” I asked.  
He shook his head. “No...are you?”  
I shook my head too. “Why are you kissing me, then?” I asked.  
“Because you kissed me first.” 
“That’s a lame excuse.” 
“Why are you kissing me?” he asked back. 
“Because it feels right.”

🍷🍷🍷


I was the tenant. He was the landlord.
He was a professor. I was a student.
He was married to a woman before.
And I’ve slept with countless women in my life who’s older than me.
We both straight or that what we thought before...

My landlord is a good man, he has such a beautiful eyes but I can see that loneliness in it. I was the kind of person to believe that if I helped others, good things would come my way. And I want to help him, help him to win this women heart that he met through the dating application, I want his date plan with this woman to succeed. So I decided to be his dating guru. That because I’ve always liked seeing people fall in love.
But one thing I didn’t expect is…it seems I’m the one who slowly falls for him…

The questions is, is he feels it too?

☕☕☕

I think this is a great start to a new series. I love the characters and the plot. The fact that both MCs was completely straight at the beginning and with huge age difference had intrigued me even more.

The good chemistry between the two main characters is another thing that made this book really hard to put down. How they start to realize the growing attraction between them and the way they start to exploring the new side of their sexuality feels so innocent and sexy at the same time.

But with that huge age difference that lies between them, both Graves and Leo really really need to make all the new things that happen in their life works before they finally found their HEA.

Leo is definitely a very interesting story, a page turner and completely sweet. The way the author wrote it made this book feels so special and enjoyable enough to follow.

Another thing that I love from this book is Leo's father and their cute little puppy, Slate that succeed stole the spotlight.

The author said that this is the first book from Beckford Brothers series. And Leo has another 3 brothers, so I assume each book will tell us more about them. And I really can’t wait to read King’s story!


No comments:

Post a Comment