Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2019

ARC REVIEW : The Mystery of Brackenwell Hall by Gillian St. Kevern





Series : Read by Candlelight Book 2
Genre(s) : A Gothic Paranormal Romance,
historical gay romance, time travel with magic touch
Release Date : April 6th 2019
My rating : 5/5 Stars

Buy link : 
Amazon US 
Amazon UK




Stephen Mereweather, a young invalid, doubts that gloomy Brackenwell Hall can cure him. What chance does country air, no matter how fresh, have against a disease that has baffled the greatest medical mind in London—his own father? Resigned to a long recovery, Stephen encounters instead a cheeky trespasser who takes Stephen’s bad mood as an invitation to be even more obnoxiously cheerful. It’s enough to make anyone reach for the nearest bottle of laudanum...

But Charlie’s inflated self-regard is not the only inexplicable occurrence at Brackenwell. Stephen’s family is plagued by a series of disappearances and deaths. If Stephen wants to avoid a premature death, he’ll need Charlie’s help... But Charlie may prove an even bigger mystery.




“Life is a gift, not an accident— and it’s too precious to be treated so carelessly! It is our duty to make the most of what time is allotted us, to the betterment of others.”

🍷🍷🍷

The previous book from this series ‘only’ got 4 stars from me due to ‘it way to short and I want more' reason, but this one?

This book worth my very RARE FIVE SOLID STARS and that made Gillian St. Kevern become my new fave author!!!!

I just knew that I must sticking my nose closer to this author for the next book in this series since The Secretary and The Ghost successfully captivated me and I have this strong feeling that there will be more and more interesting ‘historical gothic paranormal' story following this series.

When I saw the blurb for the first time, again I just knew without any doubt that this book will gonna be another hit!

At first, I thought that this book will bring the same ‘formula’ with the ghostly theme the previous book carried, but surprisingly I was wrong….Well, not just wrong but completely WRONG!

I was preparing myself for another ghost story and waiting with high anticipation for the ghost to show up almost the entire reading and started guessing who is actually ‘the REAL ghost' in here and keep guessing how this story will gonna end when the twist hit me!

Disappointed? Hell nooooo!!!

On the contrary, it excited me even more!

And this make me feels like as if I got a second jackpot from this author after what she made me feel with the first book!!

The story itself was very consuming right from the first page, and the way the author playing with the reader heart by raising the curiosity with all the mysteries that surrounded the Brackenwell Hall and its ancient roman bath had added the tensions to the whole story and successfully made this book really hard to put down.

All the characters in this book also come with their own uniqueness and thick with the mysterious aura that made it equally perfect with their role and I must say that include the one that take part as bad person in this book!

The emotional progress the author trying to build was constantly growing as we dive to each chapters and ended it with a perfect climax. And that what makes this book worth my five stars because it satisfied me in all aspects.

Well, actually it’s kinda hard for me to reviewing this book without spilling any spoiler, so I tried not to spoils too much details about this book. I just want to assure you that this book really worth your time. So I’ll gladly recommended this book to ALL of you who love historical gothic paranormal story with time travel touch in it.

There’s also Pip and Lord Cross from the previous book that took huge part in this story and that what makes this book feels more interesting.

Now I can’t wait for the next story from this series. And I really can’t wait!!!

Recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment