Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

ARC REVIEW : Snow of the White Hills by Wendy Rathbone






Author : Wendy Rathbone
Genre(s) : gay romance, fairytale retelling
Release Date : April 19th 2019
Rating : 5/5 Stars

Buy link : Amazon




A Gay Fairytale. 

Once upon a time an imprisoned prince was rescued by seven beautiful men.

For two years, Prince Snow has been locked away in the palace tower. On the night Queen Serena decides to do away with him for good, seven beautiful men with equally tragic pasts appear out of nowhere to rescue him.

Starved for affection, hurt, and in fear for his life, Snow is shown attention and care he has never known. The seven men teach him what real loyalty and love can be.

Doc, their leader, will heal him.

Sleepy, the most devoted, offers to become his love until the end of days.

All yearn to fight to gain Snow his rightful throne.

But Snow cannot justify his new friends putting their lives on the line for him. His heart will break forever if anything happens to Sleepy. Maybe it would be better for all if he just left…

You will love Prince Snow, but you will fall in love with Sleepy!

M/M romance, non-magical fantasy, abduction, imprisonment, rescue, hurt/comfort, and a sweet love story with a happy ending!




As a fairytale lovers I must admit that I’m SOLD to the blurb instantly.

Reading gay version retelling about a very well-known classic fairytale always excited and intrigued me, and picturing Prince Snow surrounded by seven beautiful men instead of seven dwarfs added more curiosity in me.

I love how the author trying to mix the already well-known plot from the original story and smoothly change and adjust it to fit with the gay romance genre the author trying to offer us in this story. And it made this book feels so intriguing and really hard to put down.

The journey Prince Snow been through since being held captive by his stepmother at the cold lonely tower, the abuse he must endure for two years, the nearly dead experience on the huntsman hand and being rescued by seven men that later show him the attention and care he has never known and also teach him what real loyalty and love can be are blended very well in the author’s good writing. I like the little twist at nearly end of the book about Doc, it added the element of surprise to the already interesting story. The story itself had successfully warmed my heart and put so many smiles in my face while I’m reading it.

The most lovely scene from this book that leave deep impression in me is the cuddling scenes between Snow and Sleepy. It made me crave a cuddling with someone too. I never get so jealous with the characters activities in a book, but Snow and Sleepy had made me jealous for no logic reason!

Snow of the White Hills is my kinda fairytale and if you’re a fairytale lovers like me, I would gladly recommended this book for you!
So, give this book a try and meet the beautiful prince with platinum white hair and his seven protectors.

Snow smiled. “Through fate and pain and suffering I found you. The best of the best. And I would go through it all again to keep you. I am strong now. Because of you. I’m just a man, yes. But a man in love with you. It makes me feel real for the first time. And all I really want is you. To be together. The rest is like a dream, but you’re my reality. You are Benjamin, the man who has made me whole. You’re mine, Sleepy. First and foremost.”



No comments:

Post a Comment