Pages

Friday, June 29, 2018

REVIEW : His Cocky Valet (Undue Arrogance #1) by Cole McCade





Title : His Cocky Valet by Cole McCade
Series : Undue Arrogance book 1
Genre(s) : Contemporary gay romance
Publication Date : May 11th 2018
My Rating(s) : 3.5/5 Stars



Ash Harrington's life is out of control.

At twenty-three years old, he's suddenly the head of a multibillion dollar global corporation he is in no way equipped to run. His father is dying. His mother's run away. He's spent his entire adult life playing fast and loose with his life and his loves, but when he's dragged into a position of responsibility with the fate of the company on his shoulders, he goes spinning into freefall.

And Brand Forsythe is the only man to catch him.

Icy, detached, nearly twice Ash's age, the massive monolith of a British valet is impossible to deal with and like no servant Ash has ever met. Domineering and controlling, Brand quickly puts Ash's life in order.

And quickly takes Ash in hand.

Even if by day Ash has to project authority, leadership, and calm...by night he's discovering the breathless pleasure of giving up control. The shivering thrill of surrendering to Brand. The sweet taboo of being submissive to the man in even the smallest things. Ash can't quite understand why it feels so good to put himself in Brand Forsythe's capable, commanding hands.

He only knows, as he faces the hardest decisions of his life...the only thing that can save him is the love of his cocky valet.

Author's Note: If you're reading this, you likely know why this book exists. Bask in the petty, my darlings. Bask.



Brand smiled faintly, “I will always come to your call, young Master.” 
“Always?” Ashton asked, with a note of broken, sweet vulnerability that tugged at Brand’s heart. “Is that not what a valet is for?”

💦💦💦

Cole McCade definitely a new author for me and the main reason I’m interested with this book is mostly because this book was written as a reaction to the #cockygate ‘scandal’ that happen not too long ago.

First, I thought this book will be another cheap and cheesy reading to ‘cheer up' the party, but apparently I was wrong!
Because soon I found that this story definitely has good plot and was seriously written by the author and the story is good enough to enjoy.

The unique ‘relationship’ between Ash and his ‘older’ valet, Brand was interesting enough to follow. I must admit that at some part it’s a bit not logic, BUT the connection was there and it’s a bit confusing but sound so intriguing and curious me enough to the level hard for me to put it down.

There’s a light D/s scenes at half end of the book that a bit surprise me but since the punishment was not far from using pleasures as part of the discipline and punishment, I have no problems at all.

For a valet, Brand was like a magician who can magically provide almost ANYTHING from behind his jacket and like MacGyver, he has many amazing skills that amazed me at some level and that including helping Ash to manage his father multi-billion dollars business that left to his hand. And THAT made Brand become not just an ordinary valet but a BRAINY SUPERHERO VALET with the ‘superpower’ skills!!!

Sounds crazy huh? And a bit not logic yes?! BUT the CRAZIEST thing is….I don’t even CARE!!! Because I do really enjoying the reading!!!!

I must admit that this book kinda reminds me of a Japanese anime about an amazing Butler and Ash's valet kinda reminds me of Sebastian Michaelis from the very famous anime/manga Black Butler!! (minus the deadly daggers skills of course or maybe it’s not shown for now eh?)



His Cocky Valet is completely entertaining and fun reading with heart warming touch. As the first of the Undue Arrogance series, I really can’t wait what the author will offers in the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment