Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

ARC Review : Demon Familiar (Wanted #1) by Bellora Quinn and Sadie Rose Bermingham






Title : Demon Familiar
Part of Series : Wanted Book 1
Author : Bellora Quinn and Sadie Rose Bermingham
Genre(s) : Gay romance, fantasy, paranormal
Publication Date : June 19th 2018
My Rating(s) : 4/5 Stars



Sometimes when you don’t know what you want, life gives you what you need. 

When Neil Markovic witnesses the murder of his mother by Bone Men his world is thrown into turmoil. On the run from the assassins that killed her, his sorcerer father and the police, Neil finds help in the form of a tall half fae alchemist named Malachai. Mal seems more accepting than most of Neil’s demon bloodline, but curiously immune to his charms.

Malachai Valentine, disgraced scion of a noble Leprechaun clan, back in the Old Country, is happy living as an anonymous scrap dealer. Using his talent for alchemy to make fuel and potions, most days he doesn’t even think of his ruinous past. When a scared young man with a fancy car crashes into his life, at first, Mal thinks he can do without the hassle. But as Neil begins to get under his skin, Mal starts to reassess his hopes and ambitions.

Harassed by megalomaniac fae and stalked by sorcerous killers at every turn, Malachai and Neil must fight to be free, and to find what they both truly wanted.

Reader advisory: This book contains scenes of violence, murder and non-consensual sex.




“I’m not a hero, Neil. I’m not even a mage. But what I can promise is that I will not give up on you, not while there is breath in my body.”

Neil didn’t expected his life will turned upside down in just one night when he came home from work and found his mother had been slaughtered by some kind assassin called Bone Men, sent by unknown person who also want him….dead or live.

The next thing Neil do is run and save his own life!

Fate then brought him meet with Malachai or Mal,  anonymous scrap dealer slash half fey and an alchemist who also turned out to be a descendants of the very old and powerful leprechaun clan.

Longtime ago, Mal run from his family and lived under the radar as a scrap dealer and selling magical potions to survive. The night when he met Neil had started the mess when the Bone Men attacked and endangered not only his life but his one and only friend, Merc.

Curious and suspicious about what’s had happened and why Neil had been ‘hunt' like that had slowly turned Mal curiosity into care. There’s something in Neil that attracted him in a way he never felt before. The next thing Mal's knew, he had to protect Neil’s life even if it’s cost his own life…..

Actually, I’m in a very bad mood and sick of the over sweet contemporary romance story when I accidentally stumbled with the cover of this book. And when I read the blurb, it curious me even more. It’s been such a long time since the last time I read this kind of story with mage, sorcerer, fey, etc. So, I think it’s about time to change the genre to save my already moody mood, right?

I have a bit high expectations and giddy feeling when I started the book. Will it as good as I expected? Will I like it? Or will it ended with huge disappointment?

Well, I’m so glad that the story was interesting and intriguing enough to made me enjoying he whole reading. The pace, the conflicts, the tensions and the mysteries was writing in good portion. But there's still a lot of loopholes and several unexplained things about Mal that keep me wondering, like what happened with Mal's wings and further explanation about it. Or maybe it will be reveal in the next book perhaps?

There's also few things about Neil that still need further explanation on the how and why and that made really curious with what will happen next. Oh and I also want to know MORE about Merc's story!

Overall, the story was intriguing enough to follow and I enjoying every single thing that happen in this book and YES! I want more!




No comments:

Post a Comment