Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Review : You Can't Make This Sh*t Up by G.A. Hauser







Title : You Can't Make This Sh*t Up by G.A. Hauser
Genre(s) : Contemporary gay romance, LGBTQ+, enemies-to-lovers, gay for you
Publication Date : April 9th 2018
My Rating(s) : 3/5 Star




Two straight dudes in competition for the same woman, end up trapped together.
In a world where truth is more bizarre than fiction, Albert Lane and his arch rival, Douglas Jefferies, can’t believe what happens next.

You can’t make this sh*t up…but in reality, you can.

Enjoy this new twist on an old trope-
‘Enemies’ becoming a lot more than just ‘good friends.’
(A ‘first-touch’ gay romance story.) #firsttouch




“Are you gay?” 
“No, are you?”

Finding a good book from random choice was really something!

The cover of the book successfully caught my coverslut eyes for it simplicity but looks unique. The blurb didn't give much information about the story but successfully grew my curiosity and expectations because my over creative brain automatically picturing the naughty possibilities that will happen when two straight guys accidentally trapped together.
I mean it's MM genre and what possibly could happen when two straight guys trapped together, right?

I start this book with huge expectations and excitement, and feels so glad that the book turned out to be such a great reading.

This book caught me from page one until the very last page. It's very entertaining, funny and consuming enough reading Douglas and Albert journey in finding the truth about their feeling. BUT there's also few things that quite annoyed me while reading this book. The constant repetition of “Are you gay?” - "No, are you?" - "I'm not gay." - "I'm not either." - "You're gay." - "No I'm not." - "I'm not either." - almost the whole reading feels kinda fun at first, but when the repetition last until the very end of the book it turned a bit annoying tho'.

Another part that offense me is the sex without proper preparation (when the both MC practically still have virgin ass and I can imagine how uncomfortable sex with no proper preparation is!). Add the constant sex without protection that maybe for some reader look so sexy but for me, it's looks stupid enough especially when both MC never aware or asking about their health conditions! (Let's comparing the story with one of YA book I just finished right before I start this book, when the two MC which age around sexteen-ish but very aware of safe sex practice by using condom in every sex activities they do even when they do the blowjob!!). For two straight guys who just ‘explore’ their new ‘wake up' in their sexuality, both MC seems to looks very ‘expert’ with gay sex and ‘know everything’ (well, except for the 'preparation' part!!). I think it will be look way more sensible IF the author put a scene where at least showing one of the MC googled about all they ‘gay sex things' to fill the loopholes.

The story itself actually quite good with the fast pace and naughty banters between Douglas and Albert were really entertaining.
Well, to be honest I must admit that I have mixed feelings about this book. Overall, it's entertaining enough to enjoy, but definitely with some notes here and there. But still, I WILL recommended this book to you as fun & light reading. Because I have fun time reading this enemies to lovers-Gay for you story!

No comments:

Post a Comment