Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Review : Borrowing Blue (Made Marian #1) by Lucy Lennox





Title : Borrowing Blue
Series : Made Marian #1
Author : Lucy Lennox
Genre(s) : Contemporary Gay Romance
Published : November 23rd 2016
My Rating : 4 Stars





Blue: When my ex walks into the resort bar with his new husband on his arm, I want nothing more than to prove to him that I've moved on. Thankfully, the sexy stranger sitting next to me is more than willing to share a few kisses in the name of revenge. It gets even better when those scorching kisses turn into a night of fiery passion.

The only problem? Turns out the stranger's brother is marrying my sister later this week.

Tristan: I have one rule: no messing with the guests at my vineyard resort. Of course the one exception I make turns out to be the brother of the woman my brother's about to marry. Now we're stuck together for a week of wedding activities, and there's no avoiding the heat burning between us.

So fine, we make a deal: one week. One week to enjoy each other's bodies and get it out of our system. Once the bride and groom say I do and we become family, it'll all be over between us. Right?

Fair warning: Blue and Tristan's story contains smoking hot scenes of man parts touching, pee-in-pants descriptions of grannies cursing, and the sweet improbability of two strangers finding their happily ever after when they least expect it.





Well, actually I read this story last year. Yup! January 2017. LAST YEAR!

But I can still remember vividly what the story was all about, because it's hard to forget the story that leave deep impression to your heart even it's already been a year.

Borrowing Blue was my first Lucy Lennox's book and I clicked instantly with her writing style right from the start. And since then, I'm hooked to The Marian's family and all their 'craziness'. 

This series really hard to 'resist' and completely 'addicted'. Once you know The Marian's, trust me....you cannot resist their 'charms'!

The first book from the series is about Blue. One of The Marian's guys who just got dumped by his longterm boyfriend for the younger more fresh guy.

When his ex get invited to Blue's little sister wedding and bring along his new boy toy, Blue didn't want his ex found him with no spouse to the wedding. So, when he accidentally spot his ex and his new lover at the bar near the vineyard where his sister wedding will be held, Blue then 'asking' this stranger who sit beside him at the bar to 'help' him pretend as his boyfriend. 

When his ex finally spot him, surpringly, the drop dead gorgeous stranger agreed to help Blue covering him as 'his' boyfriend and play along convincingly.

One passionate kiss followed by another breathtaking kiss...and then the next thing they know is they want more.....

What Blue never expected is that later he found out that the handsome stranger was actually the brother of his-soon-to-be his brother in law. And another shocking thing is...he is  STRAIGHT!!!

Things then start to feels awkward and funny as hell when they decided to continue their charade as boyfriend in front their family and facing Blue's mother craziness to set another wedding bells to both of them.

The ups and downs of the feeling between the two went a bit more intense during the week before the wedding being held.

When what they thought was just a fling become way more intense , will they both denying the growing feeling between them? Will they stick to their terms to ended what they did when the wedding is over?

Well, you can't 'borrowing' someone else heart and leave it just like that, right?

Can Blue leave his heart at the vineyard and chase his dream?

Find how these two trying to deal with their feels. Trust me, you'll keep that silly smiling face the whole reading!

🍀🍀🍀

I can't believe that this is actually a debut novel from the author! For a debut novel, I must admit that the author pass all the test with flying colors!

I really enjoying the writing and the plot. And all the characters in this book, especially this Aunt Tilly, badass old lady that 'sees' anything clearly right from the very start! She's no doubt become my favorite character in this series!

What I like about this book is even what had happen between Blue and Tristan was a bit too fast and could be said as 'insta-love', but their insta-connection didn't feel meh (at least for me), on the contrary it feels beautiful and I like it.

Like I said before, I like the author writing style. The story was light with low angst with loveable characters, some also a bit annoying but there's also fun and badass characters here that will shocked you with what they did like Aunt Tilly and The grannies!

What I don't like in this story is the way Blue choose to 'believe' Jen, Tristan's ex-wife, bullshit rather that trusting Tristan and let Jen lies consumed him and jeopardize what they have. And the unlogic thing about why Blue's parents keep inviting Blue's ex to the wedding when they know that it will hurt their son feeling? It's totally weird ya know...

But overall, this book  totally compelling and you shouldn't miss it!
See you in the next book!

I can't wait to tell you more about The Marian's boys and the badass old lady, Aunt Tilly!

RECOMMENDED!


No comments:

Post a Comment