Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

Review : The Foxling Soldati (Soldati Hearts #2) by Charlie Cochet






Title : The Foxling Soldati
Series : Soldati Hearts #2
Author : Charlie Cochet
Genre : Paranormal Gay Romance, Fantasy, Shifter
Length : Novella
Published : August 16th, 2017
My Rating : 4 of 5 Stars





Foxling Toka has served the Soldati king for centuries, and now he attends to the kingdom’s cherished Soldati prince. It’s a position of honor, and as Toka helps the once-human prince adapt to their magical realm, he finds joy in their friendship. He also grows bolder in his encounters with Rayner, Soldati warrior and the king’s second. But the laws are clear: servants and Soldati are not permitted to mate. It doesn’t matter that Toka lost his heart to the dashing cad long ago.

Rayner never imagined he would fall in love with a servant, but the clever and beautiful foxling has ensnared him, and he resents the regulations keeping them apart. When an arrogant and spiteful king visits from a neighboring realm, Rayner is in danger of losing everything. But Soldati warriors don’t surrender, and he intends to fight all the harder to keep Toka where he belongs—in Rayner’s arms.





“From the moment I met your gaze, I knew there would be no other. You are a gift, Toka. A beautiful, precious gift.”

✳✳✳

I've been intrigued by Rayner and his foxlling lover, Toka,  since I accidentally stumbled to the book and read the blurb that day. But I must pending my curiosity because I must read the previous book on this series before I can read their story.

I have that feeling that the story will be something since I read the blurb, and I knew I was right because it not take too long the story successfully squeezed my heart and I need to hold my breath each time I open the next pages. Worrying for what happen next to Toka and Rayner. 
There's a lot obstacles for their love to be together. Soldati rules forbid the Soldati warriors to take their mate from the lower class like a servant. Toka was not an ordinary 'servant', come from loyal high servant, his mother had served the former Queen for centuries before Khalon crowned as the new King of Soldati. Toka's has serve as high rank servant for the king before then he pointed as Riley servant, the new Soldati Prince and Khalon's mate.

For so long, Toka and Rayner must share their love to each other privately due to the law. Even they know that there's no hope for them to become mate. There's no they can do until one day King Pavoni from neighbor realm who also known as his brutal behavior to his people and servants come to visit Soldati. Pavoni then tricked Rayner and accused him for doing something disgraceful which cost Toka's life.

Will Rayner sacrifice everything to save the love of his life?

Will he risk the peaceful on the realms if saving Toka will cost the war and human being life?

I think you should find it by yourself!!!

So glad that the story - even it's look so simple and short - could fulfill my expectations. I love Toka and Rayner story more than the first one. But I do love to see Khalon and Riley appears in this second book.

And now I'm a bit curious about Ezra and General Segreti. Will there be a story between these two? 
If so, I really cannot wait!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment