Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Review : Leo Loves Aries (Signs of Love #1) by Anyta Sunday




Title : Leo Love Aries
Author : Anyta Sunday
Series : Sign of Love #1
Genre : Contemporary Gay Romance, M/M Romance
My Rating : 5 of 5 Stars






A new person will enter your life in the early year, Leo. Look past any moments of frustration they might bring and laugh—this could be the start of a thriving friendship.

Theo Wallace usually laughs at the horoscopes his mom sends. Still hung up on his ex-girlfriend and practically friendless, this one begs him to reconsider. Because a friendship that stuck, that thrived…

Well, that would be a reason to leave past pains behind and look to the Bright Future.

When his sister Leone challenges him to find her the perfect date for a spring wedding, Theo uses it as a chance to make new friends. Theo’s ex economics tutor and newest roommate Mr Jamie Cooper seems to be a possible and convenient match. Real convenient. Like written in the stars, convenient.

All he has to do is make sure this Jamie is good enough. Could really be the one for her, and the friend for him.

But watch out, Leo, the stars have a surprise in store…





We are tutor and student. Roommates. Sparring partners. Friends. Anything you want us to be...

✳✳✳

The story come with good plotting and very slow pace that move along with the growing emotion between the main characters. The slow burn really killing me but also feels so perfect. I love the interaction between Theo and Jamie, and their banters, it made me smile countless time.
Everything was right on the place.

I adored Jamie (and his healthy food freak!) for his patience in taking good care Theo and his almost blind-twin-sister, Leona. This guy totally own my heart!

The things I find so cute but also frustrating is the fact that Theo didn't realize with his own feeling!! He mistook all the flirting and banters they both did to each other as 'a friendship'! (Pulling my hair!)

Their daily-note-exchange was another thing I like. It's fun, funny and keep me curios for what they'll write next.

Things getting more interesting when Jamie best friend, Sean come to their life and it start to 'annoyed' Theo. Theo's jealousy was another things I found so funny and a bit 'entertaining'. Add Charlie (Jamie's ex) to the convo, and Theo start to grow a pair of horn and see 'RED'!!! LMAO.

Theo denial was the hurtful part not only for Jamie, but also for me. They're fall to 'friend-with-benefit' term, but Theo still avoiding the fact that he's not actually a straight guy anymore. But at the end, I forgive him for what he did to win Jamie back.

The ice skating scenes!
I automatically picturing 'Yuri! On Ice' while I read this part. It was 'The Awww moment' for me!

Last, but not least...

Good books are way more difficult to review... (quotes by me!)

It always happen to me each time I finished a book that succeed consumed and overwhelmed me in a good way.

I've finished reading this book long time ago (and I still cannot put any single word to MY review, until today!!!), but I still can remember (very clearly) every-single-detail that happened in the story like I've just finished it yesterday...
The feels I get when I read Theo and Jamie story still freshly linger in my mind.

The smiles, the blushing moments, the butterfly in my tummy feels, even I can still feels my own heartbeat jumping like crazy when I remember some scenes from the book.

Leo Loves Aries is definitely the type of story that won't be easy to forget, because the heartwarming feeling will linger in your heart forever....

This is how sweet-slow burn-gay-for-you-friend-to-lover-story-that-will-warm-your-heart should be written. And Anyta Sunday did it very well!!

I'll ended my review with another quote from the book that I think more and less will expressed what I feels...

I love this book 'because of the characters development and the romance'...

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

No comments:

Post a Comment