Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Review : Spencer Cohen Book One



Title : Spencer Cohen Book One
Author : N.R. Walker
Genre : Gay Romance
Rate : 5 Stars
Read in March, 2016

Before I write my review, there's something I must 'confess'....

Actually, I'm not into a guy with beard at all. So, knowing that one of the MC has it, it was a huge challenge for me to start this book!

But hey! It's N.R. Walker ya know!

How I can avoid reading her book ffs!

Yeah, I admit I'm a bit late in joining the 'party', and trust me, I REGRETTED EVERY SECOND OF IT!

So, here's - FINALLY - my review....



And then there was you...

I've been in 'dilemma' about N.R. Walker newest series since day one.

In one part I feel so excited about this book, but in other part... Yeah, back to the reason I told earlier (which is so silly I guess).

So, I keep pending to start this book (another stupid thing I done. Yeah!).

Until one day, out of the blue, I open my Kindle and start read the book just to find that this story hooked me from the very first page!

I know, the story looks 'simple' but guys, nothing is 'that' simple if it comes from N.R. Walker, right?

The story start with simple meet between Andrew who hire Spencer to be his 'pretend boyfriend' to get his lover back.

Things start bit awkward at first, since it not Andrew idea to hire Spencer but it his sister and her new friend which is turn out to be one of Spencer best friend, Lola.

Spencer know since the very first time that his newest client feels bit different and affect him in a way he never felt before.

Fighting his own 'rule', Spencer lowered his guard and start to care for Andrew more deeper.

But when things happen as they'd planned, will Spencer let Andrew go and back to his ex? 

***

Have you ever feel the bookgasm?

This book give me 'I see the stars orgsm' even in fact, there's no sex scenes at all in this book!

I know Spencer came with his own baggage while his job is 'trying to help' some people with their love problems.

There's so many time I tried to hold back the tears when I read the book, but then....only by a simple words....

My tears start to flow, and I cried like an idiot at the end of the book!

N.R. Walker succeed opening my eyes and make me falling deeply in love with this guy with beard!

And suddenly, I saw Spencer Cohen as the most handsomest guy with beard in the world!

I love on how the author make everything start very smooth and slowly. The growing emotions between both MC were the part I love the most, all simple things that happen between them feels so natural and right on the place.

And at the end...

I'm falling deeply in love with SpenDrew. Period.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment