Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2019

REVIEW : Haru to Aiden (The Brothers #1) by Alexia S. Praks





Title : Haru to Aiden
Author : Alexia S. Praks
Series : The Brothers book one
Genre(s) : contemporary gay romance, stepbrothers, Boys Love
Release Date : June 26, 2019
Rating : 4/5 Stars




Eighteen-year-old Haru Ono has been in love with his stepbrother Aiden Davis since he was in middle school. Trying to keep his feelings under wraps is annoyingly hard when they’re living under the same roof in such close proximity, more so since Aiden is so caring and selflessly showers him with kindness.

Haru knows that family is important to Aiden, who has been shouldering the burden of raising five younger siblings, and it’s best Haru never reveals his feelings to Aiden. Then again, an eighteen-year-old boy with raging hormones can only bottle up so much until everything starts to burst.




He hugged me tight and even kissed my forehead to soothe me, convincing me of his devotion. “You’re precious to me, Haru, and I seriously won’t know what to do if I don’t have you with me.”


The YAOI-ish cover had caught me instantly right from the first time I saw it, the blurb is the second things that made me one clicked the book and read it right away.

Having a crush on your stepbrother was not easy, lived under the same roof with your crush and must hide what you feel is a daily torture Haru must face everyday. Aiden is everything to him, a father, a mother, a brother and now he has feeling for him and the guilt slowly eat Haru from inside. Aiden become his stars and moon for years, and Haru can’t bear it anymore with the feeling. So he decided to move out from the house and trying to finding his own peace by being away from Aiden.

But the question is, will Aiden let him leave? Because what Haru didn’t realize is, Aiden also has the feeling for his little brother for years….

Stepbrothers-love is one of my fave trope, and I always have soft spot for this kind of story. Haru to Aiden become another fave book I love from this trope. It sweet, heartwarming with a bit touch of angst, but overall this book is definitely one good reading. I love the way the author stir the inner conflicts that engulfed both Haru and Aiden, how they trying to hold what they feels for long and the worries that almost ruined their relationship.

Haru's ‘shrine maiden look' that passed down from his Japanese ancestors not only has attracts both genders and Aiden but also ME!
His petite posture with fair skin like ‘snow princess’ reminds me of Yos, an Instagram couple I’ve followed.


(Pic courtesy Yos & Max Instagram)


Yos has delicate petite looks while his husband, Max suit Aiden description quite well. And I must admit that I’ve picturing them while I’m reading this book.

Really can’t wait for what happen next with them on the next book from this series, Aiden to Haru!


Note : I’ve heard that the story have similarities with Super Lovers Anime. I haven’t watching the anime so I can tell how ‘similar’ the story is. So, I made my review pure from what I read without being influenced by the anime. But similar or not, I must admit that the story is quite good, sweet & very light reading even with the slightly angsty touch in it. So, I’ll leave to you whether you want to give this book a try or not. But if you’re a BL or YAOI lovers like me, I will recommended this book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment