Pages

Friday, July 12, 2019

ARC REVIEW : The Vampire's Relic by Gillian St. Kevern





Series : Read by Candlelight #5
Genre(s) : A Gothic Paranormal Romance, historical FF romance
Release Date : July 6, 2019
Rating : 3.5/5 Stars

Buy links : Amazon



Does a vampire ever really die?

Actresses Hester Wilson and Kitty O’Hara have taken some strange gigs in their careers, but their latest is something else. The aptly named Lord Cross has hired them to investigate the disappearance of Leighton, his secretary. Kitty’s convinced this opportunity will secure their fortunes. Hester’s not sure. The more she hears about Leighton, the more skeptical she becomes. It’s the 1870s, after all. Who in their right mind believes in vampires, let alone voluntarily hunts them?

Countess Kohary, Vanda de Szigethy, is beautiful, charming, secretive—and cursed. Wherever she goes, sickness and dead bodies follow. Cross believes she has a hand in Leighton’s disappearance, but when Hester takes a position in Vanda’s household, she discovers a woman fighting the cruel legacy of her late husband. Vanda’s desperate struggle wins Hester’s admiration, even as her strange beauty casts an almost hypnotic spell. Is Vanda victim or vampire? Can Hester discover the truth in time to save Leighton? And what will it take to end the vampire’s legacy for good?



First, I must say that FF romance is not my cup of tea. So, when the author offered me this book I’m a bit hesitate at first and fall into the dilemma. At one side I want to pass this book but at the same time I really need this book because its said that Pip went missing and I didn’t want to miss anything if the story has any correlation with Leighton and Lord Cross.
So, I decided to out from my comfort zone, challenge myself and give this book a try…

I must admit that I have a bit struggle in the beginning but then I found that the story was intriguing enough to poke my curiosity. And the next thing I know – again – I’m falling with the author writing and her magic touch and forgot all the hesitate feels that I felt in the beginning.

The story is consuming enough, Leighton went missing on his way to ‘investigate’ about a vampire. Lord Cross then hired two actress, Kitty and Hester to help him approach Countess Kohary and investigate the mysterious Countesss about Leighton whereabouts. But things didn’t went well as what Lord Cross planned. Because accidentally its Hester is the one who had the chance to be at Countess side.

Vanda, the Countess Kohary is a mysterious woman, but the more Hester know about her the more she found out that there’s another side in Vanda that drew her in and made Hester want to help her with the huge problems that endangered her life. Hester already know since the first time she and Kitty accept Lord Cross offer that maybe they will face with mythology creature called Vampire, but she didn’t expected that she’ll face the very powerful vampire with such a strange and unique ability.

Can Hester solved the mystery and safe Vanda life? Will Lord Cross find Leighton? It’s the secret you must find by reading this story…

No comments:

Post a Comment