Pages

Friday, August 10, 2018

ARC REVIEW : Cort – Unbreakable (Man Up #4) by Felice Stevens






Title : Cort - Unbreakable
Author : Felice Stevens
Part of series : Man Up series book 4
Publication Date : July 10th 2018
My Rating(s) : 5/5 Stars
Purchase links : Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU





Cort

I spent years waiting for someone who never put me first. He took my love, took me for granted.
Took my heart.
Now I’m on my own.
Living life my way.
The crowd only sees my smile.
Never my loneliness and pain.
I need someone to need me.
When I meet another lost soul my friends try to warn me.
He’s a liar.
A user.
Homeless.
Heartbroken.
He’s all that and more.
He’s everything I’ve ever wanted.

Harlan

I’m king of my world.
Untouchable.
Then it all comes crashing down.
My secrets are exposed.
I’m cut off from my family.
Unrecognizable from the man I used to be.
Barely surviving, living day-to-day and out of control.
Nothing to hold on to.
I let go and fall so far there’s no way up.
Until a cowboy reaches into my darkness and brings me back to the light.
With him I can breathe.
I can be who I am.
Who he needs.
He gives me hope To find myself.
To find love.




I owed him the thump of the heart I heard in my chest. I owed him the breath I took every day. I owed him the morning sun in my eyes. I owed him my life. And how do you repay someone when they save your life? You give them your heart. – Harlan. 


🐎🐎🐎


You maybe think this is funny, but still I need to say it. When I read One Call Away, I hate one of Oren’s homophobic colleagues for what he did to Oren. I even swear and hope that one day he’ll be get his own karma.

When I read a hint about Cort and his homeless guy named Harlan. I get this déjà vu feeling with the name but I must admit that I’m completely clueless about this Harlan guy. At least not until I finally read Cort’s story.

When I started Cort’s story and slowly know a bit more about this Harlan guy then suddenly the realization hit me and I realized that THIS Harlan is actually THAT Harlan!!!

And the next thing I did, I laugh hysterically for not recognized him before!!! Well, karma does exist, right?

Now back to Cort. This sexy cowboy with tender heart had stole my curiosity since the very beginning and I’ve been waiting for his story since Austin’s book, and curiously want to know what actually happen to him back then when he’s still in Texas, because I can sense the hurt and the loneliness he hide behind his smile. Behind his caring and softie act to both Austin and Frankie I believe there’s something deep and sad about his past.

Cort need someone who need him, who will let him help and took care of and keep him safe. And when he saw Harlan for the first time, he just knew that the homeless guy NEED him.
His need to take care Harlan when others keep warning him about the good looking homeless guy real intentions had melt my heart.

I don’t know what magic power Felice’s has but she could turned my hatred toward the asshole Harlan into completely sympathy. No matter how hard I want to hate him, I ended with love him even more!

I believe in karma and second chance, and through Harlan’s I can see it happen in both heartbreaking and heartwarming way. No one can write redemption story better than Felice! *hands down*

And now I'm ready for James and Mal's story...because like what Frankie said,

“Watch out, James. You might be the next one caught by the love bug.”

...and perhaps Tristan will have his own story too (yes, pretty please 😊✌🏻)


Highly recommended!






I have always been a romantic at heart. I believe that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending around the corner, My characters have to work for it, however. Like life in NYC, nothing comes easy and that includes love, but getting there is oh so fun and oh so sexy.

I live in New York City with my husband and two children. My day begins with a lot of caffeine and ends with a glass (or two of red wine). I practice law but daydream of a time when I can sit by a beach somewhere and write beautiful stories of men falling in love. Although there are bound to be a few bumps along the way, a Happily Ever After is always guaranteed.

If you join my newsletter: LINK HERE you'll get exclusive content, sneak peeks at new books and contests. I feature favorite authors, recipes and free short stories!






No comments:

Post a Comment