Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

REVIEW : Daddy, Daddy, and Me By Sean Michael





Title : Daddy, Daddy and Me By Sean Michael
Genre(s) : contemporary gay romance
Publication Date : February 23rd 2018 (2nd Edition)
My rating(s) : 3/5 Stars




When Jeff agreed to be the sperm donor to his best friend Beth, he never expected a tragedy to leave his newborn and three-year-old motherless. Beth’s loss has totally thrown his life into chaos: his lover has left him, his house isn’t anywhere near childproof, and his boss feels the restaurant has been patient enough with Jeff’s time off.

Donny has always known he wanted to work with kids, and he just finished his degree in early childhood education. He didn’t count on the prejudice he’d face as not only a male nanny, but a gay one at that. Job-hunting has been frustrating to say the least, so when he knocks on Jeff's door and is greeted by the sounds of things breaking and a pair of screaming children, he thinks maybe he can begin this particular interview with a trial by fire.

Becoming the nanny to Jeff's children might be a dream come true for Danny and exactly what Jeff needs, but are either of them ready to really be a family?



Well, daddy, manny and kids are usually my comfort read when I need something light, fun and heartwarming to read. And that’s the reason I choose this book after some ‘heavy’ read that exhaust me.
Then cute cover had caught my eyes and the lovely blurb seems promising enough. I swear, I even can hear children voices shouting “Pick me! Pick me! Read me! Read me!” – in my head when I first saw and read the blurb!

So? Following my heart, I pick the book and start reading it with the excitement and huge expectations.

But soon my excitement turned into disappointments. Because the book was ended far from what I expected. I mean the story isn’t that bad, well actually it’s promising enough to melt my softie heart – I mean with the three years old cute and smart toddler and a baby? How can it’s not melt your heart, right?

As a matter of fact the children are the huge ‘savior’ that keep the star from falling more low because I felt the adults here on the contrary kinda ruined the story for lack of chemistry and failed me to feel connected to their feelings. Like I always said in some of my review before, the feels and connection that grow between the two main characters was supposed to be feels not to tell or describe. In this case, the author was trying so hard to ‘tell’ us – the readers – about what the MCs feel but the funny thing is…I didn’t feel it at all. I mean its okay for two people to feel instant feeling and connection that growing so fast through some kind of situations they have like what happen in this story when Jeff steady life soon turned upside down because of the death of his best friend, Beth and made him become a legal guardian to her two children. As if not enough, Jeff boyfriend then decided to leave him because he can’t stand with the sudden appearance of children in their live that changed everything. In the middle of balancing his new life and responsibility as a father and his work as a chef, Jeff need a nanny for his children.

Come this Donny guy who desperately need a job after graduating. The instant connection that happen between the new nanny and the children had touch Jeff's heart (and mine too!). And they can’t denied that they start to depending on each other. When everything seems to fall way too perfect, then come the ex-boyfriend which with a very ridiculous reason trying to ruin their happiness. Will their new bond can survive the chaos made by the crazy ex?

Overall, the story actually have good premise to be good, but the lack of connection I felt during the reading had ruined the joy a bit.
The stars mostly dedicated to the children that successfully stole my heart right from the beginning.



No comments:

Post a Comment