Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2018

REVIEW : Lost With You by Rachel Kane






Title : Lost with You by Rachel Kane
Genre(s) : Contemporary gay romance
Publication Date : July 29th 2019
My Rating(s) : 3/5 Stars





“That plane crash saved my life..." 

Eli: I thought a weekend in a remote mountain cabin would help me recover from how badly coming out to my family had gone, but I didn’t expect my pilot and wilderness guide to be so hot I can barely stand it. Jake is everything I’m not--confident, skillful...and straight. But when engine trouble sends our plane crashing into the trees a million miles from nowhere, Jake becomes the only thing standing between me and certain death.

It’s hard enough to trust my survival to a complete stranger--but it’s even harder to resist the urge to watch him bathing in a mountain stream… and I’m starting to think Jake is not quite as straight as I thought. Jake makes me realize I'm worth standing up for, worth fighting for...but will he still feel that way once we’re no longer trapped on the side of a mountain?

Jake: I thought I was just dropping a tourist off, but once we are lost in the woods, I realize Eli is a man on a mission. We should be worried about bears and mountain lions and running out of food, but instead I'm too busy being drawn in by his intensity.

Eli is haunted, mysterious and hurt, and something about that combination makes me fall for him hard and fast. But when we finally make it back to the normal world, between his homophobic parents and my jealous ex, we feel more lost than we ever have. As much as I want Eli, who opened new feelings in me, feelings I've never had for a man before, I'm scared that the obstacles between us might be too great to overcome. Can we figure out how to navigate our family and friends...before our new relationship crashes and burns?

Lost With You is a 70,000-word out-for-you gay romance with high steam and a ton of heart. These boys are going to get their HEA, but it won't be easy.




Eli leaned against me. “When it feels like the world is against us, it makes me want to get even closer to you. That sounds healthy, doesn’t it?”

🛩🛩🛩

The blurb completely drawn my curiosity. I was hoping for a possibility of intense and enough adventure before the rescuing finally come or at least more ‘alone’ time between the two strangers to knowing each other and have some moments, but I need to swallowed all the hope because the after crashed moment only happen in just a moment before the rest of the story moved back into the civilization and their ‘after crashed adventures’ begin in town.

The story actually have the huge potential to develop into something way more deep IF the two MCs didn’t taking turn in annoying me at some level.

Those miscommunication and misunderstanding was very exaggerating, and Jake's ‘habit’ in keeping 'the secrets' was truly maddening. I know he’s still confused with the new fact that he’s actually bi and/or maybe gay, and Eli was his first experience with a guy. But for me what he did a bit annoying.

Eli actually has more potential side for me to love. He’s a writer, and have unique book about gay robots falling in love (sounds interesting huh?), but at some point he can be annoying too.

Eli and Jake must faced a lot of obstacles from the hateful people around them who trying to stand in their way, the family drama with ALL the secrets, Jake struggle (read : uncertainty) to finally come out and the whole process was not easy.

They're both wounded. Both carrying the weight of other peoples’ judgment. They also must deal with their own insecurity before finally reach their own HEA. And everything worth to fight for...

Lost with You story come with good premise, very intriguing start, a bit downhill at the middle, the ending was pretty good with a bit surprise twists and some secrets finally revealed. Even when there’s some part that annoyed me to some level and nearly made me give up, I must admit that whole story is interesting enough to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment