Pages

Monday, May 28, 2018

ARC Review : Conflicted by Katze Snow






Title : Conflicted by Katze Snow
Genre(s) : Dark gay romance 
Publication Date : May 28th 2018
My Rating(s) : 4/5 Stars



Gabriel Valentino is certain of one thing—he wants Caleb Matthews. He asks for so little. But when Caleb refuses an offer that could change his future, Gabriel’s patience wears thin. Unaccustomed to rejection and incensed at Caleb’s disobedience, he takes the matter into his own hands.

Everything has a price. For Caleb the price of rejection is freedom.

Imprisoned and alone with only his alluring captor for company, Caleb wants desperately to escape. But breaking free isn’t so simple. Awakened to a pleasure he’s never known, Caleb feels lost—conflicted. Can he escape? Or will the bonds of pleasure prove stronger than any lock and key?

Warning: This book contains dark themes which some may find upsetting. This book is also a completely remastered edition of a previously published work.



Because even monsters have demons...

Well, I have mix feeling about this book. This book had consumed me and leave me speechless at some part.

The first few chapters totally made me cringed. From the kidnapped scenes to the White Room scenes and then the rape scene. I must admit that this book really pushed and testing my boundaries to the limit. What had happen next successfully stirred huge 'conflicts' in my head and made me hold my breath so many times for what Gabriel did to Caleb.

The author successfully 'build' the anger toward Gabriel and made the readers hate him almost the entire reading  just to end it with a rush of sympathy to the ‘monster’ at nearly end of the book. All your hate will fall into ambiguity when the author let you 'see' the others side of the monster and what had made him like that.

What Gabriel did to Caleb's still can’t be ‘tolerate’ and so unforgivable. But I can’t denied that at some point the monster have my sympathy. My heart broke for this broken soul BUT I cried MORE for Caleb for what happen to this poor young man, and seeing how the light slowly disappear from his eyes really broke my heart into pieces...
This book - no doubt - had put me in my own dilemma and leave me in conflicted...

Everything that happened in this book could triggered something in readers mind and really disturbing at some part, BUT the way the author write the story behind all those 'cringy' things was interesting enough to follow and very consuming. This book contain kidnapped with non-con sex scenes, brutal rape scene, puppy/pet play, master/slave scenes, punishment and reward and D/s. Consider you've been warned and read it with your own risk.

What annoying me a bit is the ending. I didn't expect this book to ended with a cliffhanger!
Well, in fact, I'm not ready this book to end at all! I need to know what will happen next. I WANT MORE!

Recommended with warning!!




No comments:

Post a Comment