Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Review : The Skin I'm In by Jenny Wood







Genre(s) : Contemporary gay romance, LGBT+, Transgender (FTM)
Publication Date : February 20th 2018
My Rating(s) : 3.5/5 Stars





Every Friday, evening, just around closing time; is the highlight of my week.
Gage Conner: Police officer, 6'3, 235lbs, green eyes, black hair, and an organ donor.
He comes through my line, with his charming smile and massive chest and asks to cash his check.

I'm just a bank teller, Briyana Smith- formerly Brian Ashley.
With too many loans, no family to speak of, and a massive crush on our local boy in blue;
he'd never give me the time of day if he knew ALL there was to know about me.
Cosmetically, and socially, I'm Briyana Smith, but, biologically and medically, I'm still Brian Ashley.

He doesn't give up, and I just cannot tell.... so, where do we go from there?
A liquor store robbery, the death of a parent, and a big ol' dirty secret, just waiting to come out.
What could possibly go wrong?.
What if it could possibly, go right?
I guess you'll have to wait and see..... 




Well, I didn't even notice this book, not until one day someone posting a recommendation read to one of M/M group which I'm in as one of the members and stir a bit 'controversy' due to the way that person wrote the caption that following the Amazon link he/she post that later triggered some harsh comments from the other members.

I, myself actually felt a bit offense too with the way the caption that person shared, but choose not to interfere further with the 'conflicts'. But I couldn't denied the curiosity that caught me after the posting. I'm looking for the blurb before finally decided to give this book a chance because aside from the controversy posting, the blurb itself had caught my full attention.

This is actually my first transgender story with a MTF person as a main character in it. This is also my first book from this author, so yeah....can you imagine the double excitement and the nervousness I have?

Even when the cover of the book really don't please my coverslut eyes BUT surprisingly the story was really interesting enough to follow. 

The way the author wrote the interactions between the MCs was very smooth with good pace. The writing also good enough with likeable characters that will stole your heart right from the start. And that's why I like the story and felt satisfied with the reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment