Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Review : The Deal by Zach Jenkins






Title : The Deal by Zach Jenkins
Genre(s) : Contemporary gay romance, LGBTQ+
Publication Date : May 2nd 2018
My Rating(s) : 3.5/5 Stars



Fake marriage with a gay man? 

I want to help him out with his money problems, but I've burned so many bridges that a marriage is the only way I can get access to my trust fund. So this is just a convenience thing, for both our sakes, and maybe I'll even learn to settle down and become less of a broken man.

All thoughts of healing fade fast when I see him walk around without his shirt on. All I can think of is whether his skin is as smooth as it looks.

But I'm straight.

Fake marriage with a straight man? 


My life is a mess. I'm out of money. My business is failing. My love life is gathering dust. So when he offers to fix both our problems with a phony marriage, it seems the answer to both our prayers. It should shake things up, too.

Yeah. It's shaking me up all right. Instead of high-fives, his tender touch melts my bitter heart, and releases a powerful need I learned long ago to ignore.

But he's straight.

When our lips meet, nothing feels fake any more. 

The Deal is a steamy, standalone gay for you, 35k word romance novella with a HEA ending and a fake marriage that refuses to believe it is anything but true love.




“You make me happy, which makes me want to make you happy.”

Well, I must admit that it IS the cover of the book that attract my coverslut eyes at first, but it's the blurb that made me curious and decided to read it in one sit.

Zach Jenkins definitely another new author to me and I feel so excited and also a bit nervous because the anticipation each time I start a new book from a new author.

The premise of the story was very promising and fake boyfriend/fake marriage turned real was definitely one of my favorite trope, and that what made me so excited to read the book. The story start with such an interesting plot, sounds a bit cliché at first but still promising enough to follow. The two main characters also very likeable and sweet. Their changing feels and interactions until their both reach the moment of truth was well written with good pace, but even it's all look perfect, I must admit that I still can feels that there's something is missing with the story. 

The execution was a bit cheesy to my liking but since I'm in the cheesy mood when I read this book, I think I still can handle it.

Overall, I gave this book 3.5 stars because of the fact that I DO love the story and both MCs, but I must admit that the story not gripping me enough as I expected. But still. I will recommended this book to everyone who love sweet, fun and light reading about fake marriage that turned real. Because Icarus and Harley heart warming story still worth your time.

And I really can't wait for Shane's story!




No comments:

Post a Comment