Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Review : Kick At The Darkness (Kick At The Darkness #1) by Keira Andrews





Title : Kick At The Darkness 
Series : Kick At The Darkness #1
Author : Keira Andrews
Genre(s) : Paranormal Gay Romance, Shapeshifters, Zombies
Published : May 28, 2015
My Ratings : 5 Stars 





To live through the zombie apocalypse they have to survive each other first.

College freshman Parker Osborne is having the worst day ever. He humiliated himself trying to pick up a cute guy, he hasn’t made any friends at school, and his stupidly hot jerk of a TA gave him a crappy grade on his paper. He’s going to drop Adam Hawkins’ film class and start fresh tomorrow after he’s had a good sulk.

But Parker’s about to find out what a bad day really looks like—if he can survive the night.

A virus is unleashed, transforming infected people into zombie-like killers. After these quick and deadly creepers swarm campus, Parker only escapes thanks to Adam swooping him onto the back of his trusty motorcycle. Now they're on the run—and stuck with each other.

When they’re not bickering, they’re fighting off the infected in a bloody battle for survival. Their only hope is to head east to Parker's family, but orphaned Adam has a secret he’s not sure Parker will accept: he’s a werewolf. Can they trust each other enough to find some light in these dark days?






"You know what the best decision I ever made was?"
Holding his breath, Parker shook his head.
"Giving an entitled freshmen who didn't try hard enough a C-minus."

This book had been sitting in my Kindle for months and I almost forgot that this book is 'exist' until one day, in my absolutely boring mood and tired of book with sweet-diabetic themes or angsty one, I accidentally 'stumbled' into this book...

Curious, then I read the blurb and suddenly my subconscious 'told' me, "I think it's about time WE give this book a try..."

So, what happened next?
Did I read it?

Hell NO!!!! LOL!

Because my slutty side decided to pick another book that look way more 'interesting'. Yeah, you can blame my coverslut eyes! Because sometimes my coverslut eyes took over the control over my brain! Ha!

I read three book after that, and when I want to pick another title, this book popped up again and again and again...

And yes, I IGNORED IT...

Finally I pick another title, and when I'm about to start it, I can't keep my mind from THIS book. It's like the book 'called' me or more like 'haunted' me and ruined my mood with my current reading.

So, yes - FINALLY - I dropped the book that I pick before and start to read THIS book.

I LIKE zombies story, I watched almost ALL zombie movie or TV series, but I NEVER read any book with zombie apocalypse theme. No. Nope. NEVER.

And that's why I keep 'avoiding' this book. Because I prefer 'watching' zombie stories than 'reading' it.

So, I start THIS book with not-so-excited-mood with no expectations...
But then it happen...

Once I started the book I'm hooked instantly to the story as well as to the both main characters.

This book consumed me to the level I-cannot-put-it-down, because if I stop it or close my Kindle, I'm afraid that SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN TO THE MC'S AND IT SCARED THE HELL OUT ME!!!!!

This book consumed me right from the beginning until the very last page. I love how the story start with just an ordinary things then suddenly... something happen and the next thing you know is the story consumed you with no mercy.

I also like the way the author put some humors into those funny dialogue in the chaotic scenes. It's good to find that you can still laugh hysterically in the middle of reading a scary book. It's really a good combinations.

This story start with Parker who got a C-minus from his TA. Feels angry and unsatisfied, Parker then decided to meet his TA and questioning about 'the why' and hope that the TA would change the result because he think he deserve better.

But Adam keep insist that the C-minus is final. The talk didn't went well and ended with Parker leave Adam office in anger.

But apparently Parker have no time to keep worried about the C-minus anymore because not long after that the chaos erupted near his dorm. People suddenly act crazy and full of violent. They attacked each other and do brutal things, and the next things he know is that he must run for his live and looking for safe place. What he didn't expected is the one who save his life turn out to be Adam, his cold bloodied heart TA!!

Jumped to Adam's bike for his dear life, they struggling to out from the chaos and run!!

The story then following the adventure of these two to find the safe place. Together they then trying to survive from the zombies outbreaks and seek for better future. But the question is, "Is there still a better future out there?"

"We got stuck with each other, remember? Whatever we do, we do it together."

So, right when I NEED to 'feel' something MORE than just another reading and a good mood booster to swap away my boring stage, this book surprisingly gave me what I NEED. And I'm so glad that I FINALLY give this book a chance!

Can't wait for what happen next!!!

RECOMMENDED!!!!





Note : I can't stop picturing Dylan O'brien and Tyler Hoechlin (Sterek couple) as Parker and Adam on the entire reading. And I think that the author seems to be a Sterek fans too. So, dear author, I feel ya! *wink*



No comments:

Post a Comment