Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

Review : Fight The Tide (Kick At The Darkness #2) by Keira Andrews





Title : Fight The Tide
Series : Kick At The Darkness #2
Author : Keira Andrews
Genre : Paranormal Gay Romance, Shapeshifters, Zombies Apocalypse
Published : July 26, 2016
My Ratings : 4 Stars





Adrift in a post-apocalyptic world, they only have each other. Is it enough?

A virus that turns the infected into zombie-like killers spreads through a burning world thrown into lawless chaos. Lovers Parker and Adam have escaped to the open sea when they hear a message over the airwaves from a place called Salvation Island—a supposed safe haven.

Orphaned as a child, werewolf Adam has always longed for a pack. He’s eager to investigate the island, but Parker doesn’t think for a nanosecond that the voice on the radio can be believed. He doesn’t trust anyone but Adam and is determined to keep it that way. They don’t need anyone else complicating their struggle to survive. Or do they?

Danger on the high seas can surface in a heartbeat, and if Parker and Adam aren’t careful, the current will drag them under.

This gay romance is a dystopian adventure featuring a werewolf, his boyfriend, and their struggle to find a place to call home. 





...no matter what happens, my life is with you. Pack or no pack, island or no island. Whatever comes, you’re my home...


This story continues weeks or maybe months after what had happen with Adam and Parker after the virus outbreaks that put the world into zombies apocalypse and the nearly dead experience Adam almost have with dangerous group that want to put him as experiments on book one.

On their way to this bay area, Adam and Parker decided to stay awhile on the abandon sailboat in a harbor while seeking for more fuel and food to eat.

Staying away from the land was the safety place to stay right now, at least that what they thought for now...

When they accidentally receive a radio calling that tell them there's a safe place to stay, they start to argue about whether the news was true or it's just a trap.

Parker didn't trust that the place was truly safe, but there's something about the stranger voice that stir something in Adam mind, is like as if that the message was 'calling' on his soul to come...

After the long debate and seeing the fact that they almost have no food left to survive, Parker then agreed to give this call a try.

But the question is, is the 'Salvation Island' true exist?

If so, will it will be a safe place or....maybe it's a trap?

What Adam and Parker didn't expect is....that he island truly exist and it full of wolfshifter!!

Can they survive this time? 
Or....


🍀🍀🍀

I'm so glad that I read the first book when the second book of this series has been released. So I can read it right away when the 'euphoria' I felt from the first book still 'high'.

After what they've been through, Adam and Parker bond growing deeper and together they struggled to stay alive in the chaotic world. On their journey, they meet another survivors, a family with two kids and trying to survive together.

I love how the story developing so well. The story still feels so intense and consuming, but I must admit that I can feel that the story didn't grip me enough like what the first book did to me. I must admit that i do really miss the adrenaline rush and the 'tensions' the first book made me feels.

The shocking fact about the large pack that lived in the island and the revealing of Adam's secrets was another interesting things that hold the four stars rates I gave from slipping even more. But the abrupt and cliffy ending were another things that affected my mood.

And now I must wait for I don't know how long just to know what will happen next with my Adam and Parker. Will the pact torn Adam and Parker apart?

Dear author, please hurry... because I NEED to know what happen next to Adam and Parker....

Still RECOMMENDED!




No comments:

Post a Comment