Pages

Monday, April 17, 2017

Review : Dirty Games by Barbara Elsborg





Title : Dirty Games 
Author : Barbara Elsborg
Genre : Contemporary Gay Romance/MM Romance
Published : March 30th 2017
My Rating : 4.5 Stars






The last thing Linton needs when he arrives home after three months in the States, is to find his beautiful flat is a squat, complete with his younger brother Dirk, who’s lying in Linton’s bed with a couple who’ve paid him for sex. Dirk isn’t even supposed to have a key. But after Linton throws Dirk out, life slams in hard and if his brother is to have any hope of a future, Linton has to play dirty. Or at least pretend to. What he hasn’t factored in is having to play the game to the bitter end.

Film star Thorne Morrisey has everything. Good looks, charm, seductive magnetism and a voice that could charm a snake from its basket. He can also be a real shit and yet people still love him - though he’d rather not have the love of his suicidal ex, dumped by Thorne in a very public and humiliating way. His ex’s wealthy brother has his own reasons for wanting revenge on Thorne, and his weapon of choice is Linton.

Linton and Thorne are on a collision course and in for the game of their lives. But who’s playing who?










He was supposed to be in control, this was his game, yet it wasn’t. How could he have ever thought he could do any of this? He wasn’t an actor. He couldn’t pretend.



***



First of all, the cover deserve more credit for its ability to grabbed this coverslut eyes attention. The next thing is the blurb. And I'm SOLD!

Before I starting my review I need to 'confess' that the truth is...I have that 'love- hate feeling' with Barbara Eslborg's book. 

There's a time I 'hate' her book, but at another time I adored her book with very unlogic reasons. And this kinda 'frustrated' me because I keep reading her book even with all the things I felt. Well, maybe I'm a bit masochist or the author totally have that 'magic spells' that keep me lured to read her book? 

I don't have the answer for myself. So, better we moved to the review, okay?

Due to the mixed feeling I have during reading this book, I decided not to give any SPOILER about the story. Because YOU need to read it by yourself to feels what I felt. And trust me.... It's kinda 'complicated' *smirk*

The story is kinda 'busy' and there's a lot - I need to repeat it once again - A LOT ! - characters for one story to 'swallowed'. BUT even with the 'busy plot' and a lot things happened in about the same time (and HELL-YEAH - it confused me sometimes), I must admit that I DO REALLY ENJOY THE READING!!! 
TA-DAAA!!!!!

I have this constant urge to SLAPPED and HUGS some of the MC even they'd ANNOYED me for being so 'stupid' or for being too coward and their constantly annoying 'attitude'.

With that very intriguing blurb, I jumped to the story with big alert that the story will include the 'DIRTY GAMES' and assume that in the end someone will lose and get badly hurt. I thought I'd prepared enough and ready for that moment when it finally come...

But then when this line come up, it still broke my heart into pieces...

He could feel blood trickling down his face. Or maybe it was tears.
Okay, I get it.
We're done.
Game over.
You won.


Thorne, Linton, Dirk, Max, Owen, Pascal, River, Josh, Nate.

Not a small number of characters names that you should remember eh? But beware...because those names could upside down your feeling during reading this book! 
Three of them even made me want to stab them right on their chest for REAL!!! 

Just marked my word and keep those small soft thing within arms reach so you can throw it each time you get way too emotional and keep your Kindle safe in your hand. Just a little advice from someone who had been through the situation and SURVIVED! LOL!

This book deserve my very rare 4.5 Stars for the way this book made me feels and I tip my imaginary hat to the author for her ability to make this book into one of my emotional reading in 2017!

There's a mention about another book from Barbara Elsborg, "Dirty Angel" in this book where Thorne took part as the main actor for Aden cast that made me super duper CURIOS!!!
Maybe I'll read the book right after this...


RECOMMENDED!




No comments:

Post a Comment