Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Review : Guyliner by J. Leigh Bailey




Title : Guyliner
Author : J. Leigh Bailey
Genre : Contemporary, Gay Romance, Young Adult
Published : October 17, 2016
Rate : 4.5 Stars




FOR TACO Bell guy, wherever you are.

Though you may not recognize me, you have changed my life. I remember the first and only time I saw you. It was November 2012. It was rainy and cold, and when I entered your place of employment...

And there you were, standing behind the register, head tilted down. Your shaggy dark hair hung in front of your eyes, and it wasn’t until I thanked you after placing my order that you looked up. Your eyes, your beautiful light blue eyes, were accented with a thick line of black eyeliner. The shock of this, the incongruity, took me aback. You were such a shy, quiet-seeming boy. But the eyeliner indicated that there was maybe something more.

When you handed me my receipt, I was again shocked. On your arm, barely visible under the sleeves of your Taco Bell uniform shirt, was a patchwork of scars from wrist to elbow where they disappeared under your sleeve. Burn scars.

My mind started to sort through ideas of how you were burned. What happened?

And thus, from our brief meeting on a cold November night, Guyliner was born. So thank you, wherever you are. May life treat you right.

JLB

❇❇❇

What an interesting things to know how this story inspired from.

And for "TACO Bell guy", wherever you are...

Thank you for being there, at the right time and the right moment, and inspiring the author to write  this beautiful-heartwarming story....

May you also have your own HEA, dahling.

❇❇❇




You make me feel things I’ve never felt before, and suddenly I’m questioning everything I thought I knew about myself.

❇❇❇

This is the heart-warming story about "The Guyliner Guy" and "The Golden Boy" that will melt your heart...

The cover totally mesmerized me and I fall in love with the cover instantly. It gave strong impression to me and I can catch a glimpse of my darling, Adam Lambert from the guy in the cover.

So, YES!
I'm SOLD to the cover and drawn by the blurb!

Even when I found that the story was purely YA (which is actually not my cup of tea) and can be classified as "a clean-romance" (which is - AGAIN - definitely NOT my taste!!!!), BUT  SURPRISINGLY....at the end - I DON'T CARE!!!!

I ENJOY the story right from the very first part to the last page.
Well, I must confess that some thing that happened at nearly end of the story a bit 'cheesy' for my taste, BUT AGAIN,  I-DON'T-CARE!!

It's because the story already CONSUMED me.

Well still, there's a time I want to punch Connor right at the face just for Graham's sake, but DAMN - I can't!

Because I KNOW, it's not easy being in Connor's shoes and dealing with ALL things that happened in his life.

And Graham...
How i admire this strong-unique-young man, a survivor and also 'a savior'...
What he'd been through really make me cringed.

Hugging both Graham & Connor so tight that's exactly what I wanna do in the entire reading...

I didn't expect any tears when I started this book.

But then...I got teary eyes from a 'surprise twist' at nearly end of the book.
Very well said, dad!

And finally, last but not least, to the author...

Thank you for all the butterflies in my tummy I feel during the entire reading and for bring the guyliner guy 'alive'....

I RECOMMENDED THIS BOOK TO ALL!!



No comments:

Post a Comment