Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Review : Vespertine by Leta Blake & Indra Vaughn




Title : Vespertine 
Author : Leta Blake & Indra Vaughn
Genre : M/M romance, Gay romance
Read in September 20, 2015
Rate : 3 Stars






If this longing spread any further he’d be utterly, completely lost. His fall would be inevitable, like the rebelling angels against God.

And I’d fall gladly...

God owned his soul, but Nicky would always have his heart...

❇❇❇


After nearly dead on stage due to overdose and have detoxing, Nicky decided to go home to his parents house which means, he must facing someone who broke his heart into pieces years ago...

Jazz ~ now father Jasper Hendricks, offering his "friendship" to help Nicky out from his drug addiction, and trying to heal Nicky broken heart with love...as a friend.

But will they can professionally stick to their "friendship" while those feelings still remains ??

oOo

Overall, I admit I LOVE the idea of a rocker and the priest story, but i do have my own worried about where the story will end.

Will it fulfill my expectation ?
Will it ended like another book about a Catholic Priest I've read before which ended disappointing ?

Because I NEED the logic reason for "The why" if the story include a priest when they choose to be a priest and/or leave their "calling" as/from Priesthood.

And in this case ?
I NEED to know the reason behind WHY Jasper choose his "calling" over Nicky.

I'm trying so hard to "understand" WHY Jazz chose to leave Nicky 17 years a go. I NEED more determined reason, not just "a calling". It's way too weak considering the term "how they LOVE each other" at that time.

Jazz keep hiding behind his "calling" reason which is not quite strong enough to be the reason "WHY", well...at least for me. And I keep looking for more thorough entire reading...
I need something BIG, something that can give me the PANG feeling...
And I still don't get it.

I'm so glad that they not jumped into sex right away after they met again, I like it come with "process" ~ trust me, it's really over long struggles and many teases until 80% reading, but after that first kiss after 17 years and then....BHAM!!!
Father Jazz suddenly become Father Jizz, and THAT shocking me to the jaws-dropping-levels.

But even it kinda shocking me, I still LOVE this story at some part. And that's why my rating didn't slip further more to the lower than 3 stars.

Because YES, I like this sexy badger & romantic little fox.



No comments:

Post a Comment