Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Review : Empathy (Empathy, #1) by Ker Dukey



Title : Empathy (Empathy, #1)
Author : Ker Dukey
Part of series : Empathy
Genre : New Adult, Romance
Read in August, 27th 2015
Rate : 5 Stars







They say some people are born with decreased activity in the brain; a cold spot in the front central lobe. Where most people have activity, a hot area giving them feelings, emotions and enabling them to love, there are a rare few who have a cold spot, affecting their ability to feel emotions, empathy. 

There are theories that serial killers have this cold spot. Psychopaths. That’s why they lack the ability to connect, to care. 

I don’t have feelings the way most people do. I may be one of those people... 
Psychopaths. 
I don’t know.






I don't want to love... 
I don't want to feel... 
I don't want... 
Empathy...

oOo

There's nothing more important than find a good book, on the right moment and right mood.

Right when I need book that can blow my mind and suited my "killing mood", I stumbled with this one.

Well, this book had been sitting on my reader for quite long and I keep passing it and choose another title. Duh !

I know this book had promising blurb, and one of my buddy read kept insisting me to try it, but.....I always tell her that "I'm not in the mood"....
Silly me, and my stupid mood !




Soon I found that I couldn't put this book down since the first line of the book caught my eyes. It mesmerized me and evoke "the psychopath side" in me in a strange way .



I appreciate how the author trying to mislead the reader to follow what she want, drove the reader to false direction, but no, I can "see" where's the story gonna end.
But, even I know who the real devil is, the story still interesting enough to follow.

I like the epilogue, but "the second epilogue" was the one that really gave the "WTF-things" to me.



So...


You think that you know who's the devil is?





Nah! You don't!



HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment