Pages

Friday, January 25, 2019

REVIEW : The Replacement Husband by Eliot Grayson





Title : The Replacement Husband
Author : Eliot Grayson
Genre(s) : Gay romance, historical romance
Release Date : December 28th 2018
Rating : 3/5 Stars



Goddess-blessed Owen Honeyfield is destined to enjoy perfect good fortune, and the arrival of handsome and eligible Tom Drake in his country town appears to be just the latest manifestation. Tom’s proposal is the fulfillment of Owen’s desires, but Owen is left heartbroken and at the mercy of Arthur, Tom’s disapproving elder brother, when his betrothal takes a disastrous turn. His reputation ruined and his bright future shattered, Owen must choose between loneliness and practicality.

Arthur Drake has taken responsibility for Tom’s scandalous behavior all their lives. He doesn’t think much of his brother's engagement, knowing that even Owen’s sweetness won’t be enough to influence Tom for the better. When Tom’s impulsive selfishness threatens to ruin the lives of everyone involved, Arthur has only one honorable choice. He'll need to repair the damage Tom has done and fight for his own happiness, knowing all the while he may never be able to take Tom’s place in Owen’s heart.




I have high expectations about this book, but then I must swallowed my disappointment when it turned out not like what I expected.

With the historical setting in alternate world and the mention of the ‘goddess gift' Owen has/blessed with, I thought that it will be some magical things will happen in this story or perhaps it will ended as Mpreg thing, but there’s no magical things happen until I catch the last page. So yes, it kinda disappointed me at some level because it seems it ended just like another ordinary historical gay romance set in regency time.

The story itself actually interesting enough to follow. I must admit some part of me actually like it, the writing is not bad, the plotting and pace are fine.  Both Owen and Arthur characters are likeable enough, BUT still….it not satisfied me. Maybe it just ‘me’ thing, so I hope you’ll give this book a try, maybe it will suit you because even that I said that I’m disappointed but the book is actually not that bad…



No comments:

Post a Comment