Pages

Monday, January 28, 2019

ARC REVIEW : Cronin’s Key IV : Kennard's Story by N.R. Walker





Title : Cronin's Key IV : Kennard's Story
Author : N.R. Walker
Genre(s) : gay romance, paranormals, vampire
Release Date : January 28th 2019
Rating : 4.5/5 Stars

Buy link : Amazon



Kennard and Stas have been enjoying being newly bonded mates, hidden away for the last six months in Stas’ cabin, deep in the forests of Northern Russia. When they get a visit from Alec, Cronin, Eiji, and Jodis, Kennard and Stas decide to return to London where they get news of a supernatural disturbance in India.

Excited for a new adventure, the band of friends embark on a journey like they’ve never seen before. Following a trail of snakes and serpents, they slip through gates into timeless dimensions all over the world, leaving them without their vampire powers. Even Alec is powerless as they follow a trail of gates and doorways to their final destination.

But the bad guy isn’t who they think it is, and Kennard will need to draw on his past to save their future. Because history is never what it seems…



If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that history is never what it seems....


I’ve been waiting for Kennard story since forever and when it finally release, can you imagine how excited I am?

This book is so intense, the story is not only about Kennard and Stas and their newly-mate-energizer-bunny-activities (well, I must admit the first few chapter kinda ‘intimidating’ me in fun way of course!), BUT it also came with whole full package of the interesting adventures and journey to solve the new mystery that caught Kennard and his Scooby-Doo Gang friends attention.

I must admit that this book a bit ‘heavy’ for a short story, I mean with all those ancient mythology and history from all around the world mentioned and some of them materialize and 'squeezed' into the story had succeed added the tensions to the story and make it feels a bit heavy.

I love the story, especially when this book gave me a chance to meet Alec, Cronin, Jodis and Eiji again and have fun moment with their fun jokes even in the most dangerous moments they still can make me laugh with their fun banter. I didn’t realize that I miss them so much until I read this book.

Alec still amazed me with his amazing powers as the key, he and Cronin also success stole the spotlight in this book, but that didn’t dimmed Kennard and Stas story, especially when Kennard jaw dropping secret finally revealed!!!!
Trust me, I have that jaw-dropping-oh-really moment when I read that part!


Handara Golf & Resort at Bedugul, Bali (source : @ros_leon Instagram)


Another thing that excited me more is when my favorite author mentioned some famous place from my country (Bali, Indonesia) in the story! And that make me can't stop grinning during the reading!

So, if you’re also a Cronin’s Key series fanatic like me, then you shouldn’t miss Kennard's book!!!

And now let me leave you with another breathtaking picture of Gates of Heaven at Pura Lempuyang located in Karangasem, Bali.


 (c) Nova Kurniawan/Travelingyuk




N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance.
She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn’t have it any other way.

She is many things: a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who live in her head, who don’t let her sleep at night unless she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things… but likes it even more when they fall in love.

She used to think having people in her head talking to her was weird, until one day she happened across other writers who told her it was normal.

She’s been writing ever since…





No comments:

Post a Comment