Pages

Friday, July 27, 2018

ARC REVIEW : Over and Over Again by Cole McCade






Title : Over and Over Again
Author : Cole McCade
Genre(s) : Contemporary gay romance, May-December, age gap
Publication Date : July 23rd 2018
My Rating : 4/5 Stars
Buy links : Amazon



A ring of braided grass. A promise. Ten years of separation.

And memories of an innocent love with the power to last through time.

When Luca Ward was five years old, he swore he would love Imre Claybourne forever. Years later, that promise holds true—and when Luca finds himself shipped off to Imre’s North Yorkshire goat farm in disgrace, long-buried feelings flare back to life when he finds, in Imre, the same patiently stoic gentle giant he’d loved as a boy. The lines around Imre’s eyes may be deeper, the once-black night of his hair silvered to steel and stone…but he’s still the same slow-moving mountain of a man whose quiet-spoken warmth, gentle hands, and deep ties to his Roma heritage have always, to Luca, meant home.

The problem?

Imre is more than twice Luca’s age.

And Luca’s father’s best friend.

Yet if Imre is everything Luca remembered, for Imre this hot-eyed, fey young man is nothing of the boy he knew. Gone is the child, replaced by a vivid man whose fettered spirit is spinning, searching for north, his heart a thing of wild sweet pure emotion that draws Imre into the compelling fire of Luca’s frustrated passions. That fragile heart means everything to Imre—and he’ll do anything to protect it.

Even if it means distancing himself, when the years between them are a chasm Imre doesn’t know how to cross.

But can he resist the allure in cat-green eyes when Luca places his trembling heart in Imre’s hands…and begs for his love, over and over again?




“Immie?” 
“What is it, angyalka?” 
“I’m going to marry you one day...” 

The book come with a lots of warning from the author, yet it intriguing me even more. And with all those warning, I thought the story will be a bit dark, angsty and heartbreaking, but I was completely wrong! Because the story surprisingly feels very sweet and so touching.

The pace was maddening slow and with almost 8000 loc on Kindle? I must admit that it’s kinda frightened me at the beginning. But as soon as I start it, the story consume me so deep and it hard for me to put it down.

I have this constant ache in my heart for both Imre and Luca almost the entire reading. I know…I completely understand on what and why also the ‘situations’ that they must faced. With almost twenty six years gap there’s also a lot of issues that come between them. There’s no easy way to deal with all of that obstacles without trying to understand each other needs and feelings before they can finally ease away what their afraid of.

Luca with his young and rebel heart trying to find what he actually want in his life. His constant conflicts with his dad had made him become spiteful young man and a bit bratty. His dad then decided to send him to spent the winter at Imre's farm and stay away from troubles. And when Luca see Imre for the first time after ten years, he realized that years of separation doesn’t change his feeling to him. Imre still stole his breath away like he used to feels years ago. And being with Imre made Luca feels like home

Imre just trying to be logic and act like an adult in this whole awkward situation. He’s trying to understand Luca and help him finding his way to what he really want in life. There’s a lot of change in Luca that broke his heart, there’s no smile he used to see brightening Luca’s face. His angel has completely changed. Time and life had took away the cheerfulness from his face and Imre really miss Luca’s laugh like he used to hear back then.

What’s Imre wants is to protect his angel from being hurt by trying to put the line between them mostly because his past relation with Luca’s father. And Imre stubbornness had put both of them in misery, and hurt Luca’s heart deeply in the process...

I got several teary eyes while I’m reading this story. It sad seeing they must hold each other feels due too the situation. Each time Imre said ‘don’t’ or ‘I can’t' or when Luca said ‘I understand’ its squeeze my heart and really really hurts…

The 20 years plus age gap and the fact that Luca’s father and Imre are best friend and Luca actually had ‘declare’ his feeling since he was five years old had made the story become a bit creepy also interesting at the same time, but the author already gave the warning at the beginning, so again I completely understand and try to see things through Luca and Imre's eyes. And I can see things differently and clearly how their love growing and consume each other to the level ‘I couldn’t breathe’…and that’s what make the story feels so beautiful in it’s own way.

I must admit that the author has the talent to toying with readers feeling through his writing. The ups and down also the push and pull between them had squeeze my heart and all written in beautiful and poetic words. The author made us feels all the love through each word he use and drown the reader deeply to the story.

This is my second book from this author, but I’m completely sure that it’s won’t be the last book that I read from him. Cole McCade definitely had become my new favorite author now.

Recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment