Pages

Friday, December 1, 2017

Review : Ice, Snow & Mistletoe by Jocelynn Drake






Title : Ice, Snow & Mistletoe
Author : Jocelynn Drake
Genre : Contemporary Gay Romance, Christmas Novella
Published : November 21st 2017
My Rating : 4 of 5 Stars






John Sullivan is escaping to Denver. Even with a massive snow storm on his heels, he plans to hide away in his cabin in the mountains and ignore Christmas. It’ll be just him and a bottle of whiskey until the new year when he must return to Cincinnati for his best friend’s wedding.

At least, that’s the plan until he runs into Oz at the airport.

Oz … the man who should have been just a fling. The man who was fun and laughs but quickly turned into so much more before he completely kicked John out of his life.

Oz who desperately needs his help…

John is ready to leave Oz stranded at the Denver airport in the coming blizzard, but he finds himself possibly staring down at the reason Oz pushed him away, and John can’t say no.

Second chances don’t come around often, but John is willing to fight for one with Oz.





I'm so glad that I read Walking on Thin Ice right before I jump into this book for I completely didn't know that this story was about John Sullivan, Spenser Roland best friend from holiday romance story wrote by the same author that was released last year.

John had caught my attention since the first time I read about him on the previous book and I want him to have his own story. So, when I start this book and read Spenser name mentioned at the first few page, my first reaction was, "No way! Again?!", I didn't realize that it IS the same 'Spenser' from the other book - I mean, how can the author 'carelessly' use the same name over and over again on her book like there's no other alternate name can be use? 

But when John Sullivan's name was also mentioned, THAT when I finally realized that IT IS the same person and I'm actually reading John story!!! Sound silly huh? Can't stop laughing on myself for few minutes for my silliness!

So, John story was as interesting as Spenser's, it's a sweet second chance romance and feels a bit 'intense' and waaay more cute because there's Lizzy's role in the story.

John and Oz had known each other about five or six years ago, and actually had spent their hot sweaty nights together for few months before out of sudden, Oz ended their relationship for no reason and leave John in massive broken heart.

Years has passed, fate then made the two run into each other again at the airport. Didn't want Oz and his little daughter, Lizzy stranded at the airport with bad weather because their flight had been delayed, John then offer them to stay with him at his cabin.

The story then become very interesting, full of high tensions and also very sweet when John, Oz and little Lizzy 'trapped' together in the condo for Christmas.

There's a lot of feeling playing there and that's why this book enjoyable to read and hard to put it down. Read it in one sit and LOVE every part of the story. Especially when it also give us the glimpse of Spenser and Evan wedding at the end. Everything was perfect to the end!

Recommended!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment