Pages

Friday, June 9, 2017

Review : Man Candy by Melanie Harlow




Title :  Man Candy
Author : Melanie Harlow
Genre : Contemporary Romance, MF
Published : June 20th 2016
My Rating : 4 of 5 Stars






He’s back.

Not just back in town, but living in the flat right beneath mine. And he looks good enough to eat, which is just one more reason to stay away from him.

But I can’t resist.

The sex is incredible (pretty sure we’ve shaken the house right off its foundation), but he can’t fool me—not this time. A degree in marketing and five years in advertising have taught me that “true love” is a fairy tale used to sell lipstick, diamonds, and perfume. It doesn’t exist.

He thinks I’m wrong, and he wants to prove it.

I think he’s crazy, so I dare him to try.

It might be the biggest mistake of my life.






All I'd wanted was a little man candy, and he was offering me an entire meal...

***

First, I must confess that I rarely reading MF romance since I found my 'enlightment' in MM/Gay Romance five years ago.

Yes, rarely. But that doesn't means I didn't read any MF book at all. Well, I'm just a bit picky selecting the MF book I'll read, but.... It's all mostly depends on the mood (since I'm a moody reader), the cover (since I'm a coverSlut), the blurb (whether it's interesting enough or not to drawn my attention) and ifs there's something that can 'motivated' me to take the challenge and dare myself to read one.

So, in this case, I can say that the last reason was probably the closest logic reason on 'why I pick this book'...

Because yes, there's something that successfully drawn my attention to this book that could make me dare to challenge myself to read it. And the reason is...

YES!!!
Because it's Dima Gornovskyi thing!




He's been my bias for such a long time! And when I know that it's him as a model on the book cover. I have no more reason not to read the book, right?

So, well...here I am...

Breaking my own rule, challenge myself to read MF book with the author name that totally new to me!

I must admit that the blurb is quite interesting. But I need to tell you that I'm a bit confused while reading the first few chapters because I keep picturing Jaime as a MAN!!!

Please forgive my 'stupidity' for not change the switch in my brain from MM-mode into MF-mode. All mistake is mine, not the author false.

I admit that it's kinda 'ruined' my mood to finally realized that it's MF book I've been reading, and not MM. BUT...!!!!

Yes, there's is a big 'BUT' here, ladies...

Because after the adjustments and lots of realizations moments, I finally found that this book quite entertaining, and surprise! surprise! - I LIKE IT!!!

Chapter ONE totally won my curiosity! It's so EPIC!! and I can't stop laughing!

The interaction between Quinn and Jaime who already known each other from kids and the 'red bikini tragedy' that happened 10 years ago that start all the mess really something that interesting to follow.

All the term of endearments things Quinn said to Jaime to annoyed her was soooo funny. I can't stop smiling, laughing to tears because I keep picturing Jaime facial face every time Quinn teased her with all those love bug-sweat pea-honeybun-snookums-poopsie-dumpling-gumdrop-peaches-kitten-muffin things!!!
Gosh! I can't believe I quote all those words in my review!!! Lol!

I even highlighted it, JSKY!!!

Well, I think I'm in my craziest mood when I read this book because I don't even like reading a book that use a lot, Yes A LOT - term of endearment words in almost one chapter!!!! It's waaaaay too cheesy for my taste. But again, I don't mind this time!

I even have a suspicious thing that it might be not me who read this book at that time. It MUST be my alter ego that 'possessed' me!!! LMAO!

I think Jaime character a bit 'unique'. It usually a man who has the things like that in their minds. Maybe in previous life, Jaime is a guy perhaps?

Oh come on, gurl! Go switched back your brain into MF-mode! Lol! Sorry....

Seeing a lot example about there's no 'happily-ever-after-and-love-till-death-do-us-part in his life, makes Jaime scared to get hurt, so she refuse to get closer to anyone and falling in love.

So each time her relationship with a guy she'd been dating going to deep, she start to find a way to make a distance or breakup. Being an independent woman in her career life makes it so hard to put herself into someone else 'authority' or submitted to them.

Add the 'humiliation' she had when she confessed her first love to a guy she'd been in love just to being rejected. Ten years had passed, but the feels still the same...

Things then getting a bit complicated when the guy from her past come back again in her life after years of avoiding him.

After all these years, Quinn Rusek still has that effect to her...

Not wanting him, but craving him quite confusing. What Jaime wants for now is just a warm hot body to satisfied her without any feeling.

So when Quinn bringing back their little chicken games, Jaime accepted the dare because she want to prove that Quinn is wrong.

So, how's this game will end?

Will there's a chance for Quinn to prove that there is a HEA and love for everyone, include her.... or otherwise, Jaime will prove it wrong?

Again, I must admit that the story is fun enough to follow, and I found myself enjoying the reading so much.

No. It's not just because the Dima's things, NO, but the story is really something tho'.

I might or might not read another book from the author, because back again - MF romance is not quite my thing - unless, well IF the author write gay romance someday then I'll consider to read it, but I think this book is recommended enough. Yeah, speaking of the person who not into a MF story. I think it's really something huh?

Will Alex & Nolan have their own story? Or it has already? Just curious....


No comments:

Post a Comment