Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

REVIEW : A Dance too Far by H.L. Day





Title : A Dance too Far
Author : H.L. Day
Genre(s) : contemporary gay romance
Release Date : February 15th 2019
Rating : 4.5/5 Stars



Love can be dangerous!

Valentin Bychkov, rising star of contemporary Russian ballet, appears to have everything: wealth, talent, success, and a face and body to match. Not that anyone can get close. Bypass the entourage and there's still Valentin's sharp tongue and acerbic wit to deal with. He may give his body freely, but his emotions are kept tightly locked away.

Max Farley's life is a simple one. All he's interested in is work, drinking, and picking up the latest in a long line of one-night stands. The way he chooses to live may not be to everyone's taste but it suits him down to the ground. He's never met anyone who's made him want to confront the demons from his past. Until now.

A show in London brings the two together. Lust brings them closer still. But if rumors of Bratva connections turn out to be true, then dangerous men wait in the wings. One dangerous man in particular, who's used to people following his orders without question.

Difficult choices need to be made on both sides. Valentin and Max need to stop playing with fire and let each other go, or face the consequences. But letting go isn't that easy where love is concerned.

And some things are worth the risk.

Warning: This book contains a snarky ballet dancer with an aversion to clothes, a little too much wall sex and an overabundance of Russian heavies.




"Because...I keep thinking that somewhere behind that mask you wear, there's a living, breathing human being capable of actual emotions. So you can say whatever you want. It won't make me leave because I see you now. I see who you really are behind that mask you wear."



This book come with a stunningly beautiful cover that took my breath away…

The author said that she saw the gorgeous cover picture on a stock photo site and she just knew that she had to write the story about the fabulous ballet dancer which picturing perfectly with the model, and that’s how Valentin Bychkov was born. And I couldn’t agree more that the cover captivating me since the first time I saw it! And need to say that it deserved my full five stars for pleasing my coverslut eyes!

The combinations of a snarky ballet dancer with the Bratva background and a freelance sound engineer enough to made me sold into the story instantly.

Max is a ‘fuck ’em and leave ’em’ type guy. He doesn’t do relationships and never fuck the same guy twice. He has his own reason why he stick to that rule for years. Trust me, when you know the reason behind it, it will broke your heart into pieces…

When he accepted his friend last minute offer as a sound engineer at a ballet show, he didn’t expect to meet this stunning and gorgeous ballet dancer that caught his full attention since the first time he saw him.

Ignoring his friend’s advice/warning to not screwing with the dancer, Max couldn’t resist his sudden attraction to one of the most outstanding look dancer he ever seen who turned out to be a rising star of the ballet world, Valentin Bychkov.

Valentin Bychkov is a prodigy in the ballet world. He’s arrogant, snarky and fabulous. But no one know what story he hide behind all the diva mask he wore. But then he meet Max…

At first Valentin always treat Max like any other men that came to his life…'fuck ‘em and leave ‘em’. But then he realize that Max had made him feels something that he never crave before. On their short quick encounter, Valentin start to lower his guard because he found out that  Max could see past all the façade he put behind his mask and snarky attitude, and love the real him behind all the diva glams he wears. And for the first time in his life he want more….

But with the bratva that came between them, could they escape the danger that shadowing their life?

This book come with good premise. The tensions is good enough to stir the anxiousness in me while reading it. It’s afraid me even more to know that both of the MCs is walking on a very thin lines when what they did will cost their life when it involved the bratva in it. I was anxiously waiting for the moment when will they get caught. What will happen next? Will they gonna make it? Will they survive and have their HEA?

This is my second H.L. Day's book I read, and she successfully hooked me again with her writing.

Even though I gave my high praises about this book, still I must admit that the ending of the book quite not satisfied me at some point, but overall this book successfully captivated me almost the entire reading and I will gladly recommend this book to you….




No comments:

Post a Comment