Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

ARC REVIEW : Dear Cassius by Alice Winters





Title : Dear Cassius
Author : Alice Winters
Genre(s) : gay romance, suspense
Publication Date : December 11th 2018
Rating : 5/5 Stars

Buy Link : Amazon




Dear Cassius,
Do you feel me watching you? 

When Cassius starts his junior year of college, he has no idea how different it will be. The only thing he’s worried about is getting through college and his unrequited love for his best friend.

Initially, Cassius thinks nothing of the picture with a strange note slipped under the windshield wiper of his car, but it ends up changing his entire life.

Dear Cassius,
I can’t look away from you. 

As strange things begin to occur around Cassius, he starts to feel like someone is watching him, following him. Stalking him. They are determined to destroy his peace of mind and the people around him. Thankfully, his friends and family are there to support him. But who can he trust when no one seems to be who he thought they were?

Cassius realizes that sometimes love can be found at the wrong time. But right now, love may be what he needs to help him get through this alive. Can Cassius open himself up to new love when he’s not sure he can trust those closest to him?

Dear Cassius is a light thriller with a romantic subplot. There is suspense and some violence, with the promise of a happy ending. 
Trigger warnings: Certain triggers may be considered spoilers, so they can be found by using the “Look Inside” feature or by downloading the sample.




Dear Cassius,
I can’t look away from you. You consume my world. My life. My every thought. And I can’t wait to destroy you. I’ll let you burn, Cassius. I’ll let you burn.


I’m ENJOYING every part of this book, the suspense, the mystery and all the creepiness this book gave me!

This book successfully hooked me since the very first page until the end. I keep guessing who’s Cassius’s psychopath stalker is and the reason behind all the creepy terrors that threaten Cassius’s life. I must admit that the author succeed in playing with the game. The way the author trying to blurry the suspect and leave the readers to keep guessing and guessing then ‘smoothly’ lead the reader to the wrong suspect before finally revealed the real one is fascinating. It’s feels fun and annoying at the same time, BUT that’s what make this book didn’t lose it grip and interesting enough to follow.

I have my own suspect of course but I must admit that I’m a bit ‘fall’ into the author’s ‘game’ and didn’t  see the twist until its coming. And its kinda ‘hurt’ the Sherlock side in me you know. But THAT what also  made this book deserve my rare five stars!

Overall, the story is good, very intriguing, a bit dark and creepy at some part. I love ALL the characters in this book, and THAT include the creepy stalker!
But what I love the most about this book is the writing!

Well, I won’t give you any spoilers  about the story. I WANT you to feel what I felt during the reading and enjoy the guessing games the author set! *devilish smirk*

Dear Cassius maybe my first book from Alice Winters, but if her other works will be written as good as this one, I’ll looking forward for her books in the future!

Recommended!!



No comments:

Post a Comment